Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

Don't pay any more going cinema parking car on right slot is the crime or what. We should not allow these blue men entered into our area.

eh???:loopy:

I can never find a space and last week I got a ticket for parking in the retail park for more than the time aloud.

There are signs up saying that though.

Advice though is to ignore the ticket, they will send you a few letters, then they will get bored and leave you alone.

it was a sunday night and the shops were shut,, It is understandable in the day when they need the car park but on a sunday night abit harsh.. I think i will fight the ticket.

it was a sunday night and the shops were shut,, It is understandable in the day when they need the car park but on a sunday night abit harsh.. I think i will fight the ticket.

JUST IGNORE IT!!!!

Sorry to shout, but if you do a search, both on this site and on the internet then you will find that the fines are unenforceable by British law.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com has a massive bit on it which goes through it in details.

By entering into correspondence with the agency that enforced the fines, you are admitting guilt to them.

The fact you got the ticket at that time of night is stupid, but there are ANPR cameras on the way in and out of the car park which operate 24 hours.

File the letter and DO NOTHING!!

Edited by Ginger Daddy

Blackberry, you have gone quiet - I hope you are going to ignore the letter rather than contact them.

i filed all mine, had one though the other week about taking me to court if i dont pay the fine!! also had ones saying they will send baylifs round to take possesions out of my house if i dont pay. all went in the draw and are to be ignored!

does anyone know when they will eventually stop wasting paper n sending me these things? got my original one on the 15th April

I just got one of these "fines" today, after parking in there last Saturday, apparently for 289 minutes, when their limit is 180 minutes. I had no idea there were any enforcements over parking, I saw no signs. I am totally in shock even after reading all the posts about this, it seems it is a scam but I do worry about things like bailiffs. I was parked there the whole time, in Toys R Us, B & W, and McDonalds, so I was not abusing the system in any way as I was shopping in their shops! Looking at some of the posts on other forums however it seems this company keep re-wording their notices. On mine it says I "exceeded the maximum free parking time permitted" and that the "parking terms and conditions are clearly displayed at prominent locations" - but I wasnt looking for any such thing. I certainly never noticed anything. My "fine" is for £50, but says I can pay £25 if I pay within 14 days instead of 28 - after which if I do not pay it will be forwarded to a debt recovery agency. I just rang Toys R Us and the staff member said they are fining loads of people and you have to pay!

What does anyone else think? Im a single parent and just dont have the spare cash but should I enter into negotiations with G24 or just keep quiet do you think? :rant:

should I enter into negotiations with G24 or just keep quiet do you think? :rant:

return to sender as it's completely un-enforceable

why? returning to sender means there's nothing they can do...

keeping it and opening it implies they have the right address and person and will often continue sending letters

They get the address from DVLA though, wont they know it has to be the right one, that it would be up to date? I have opened it and you can see it has been opened, though I AM moving in a few weeks! But isnt it an offence not to tell DVLA your new address straightaway as well, even if I am tempted to lie low for a while afterwards?! I never want to go to those rotten shops again!:(