Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

I walked across the arena carpark this week and they now have a pay and display machine up near entrance B and signs on the carpark!!

Ive had my second letter. Parked at retail park for about 2:45mins to go to cinema as cineworld parking was full. Then got a letter. Absolute disgrace. The carpark was empty, and Iwas giving my business to the area. What a set of tools.

These letters state they are for the attention of the owner / keeper / hirer / driver - but they are only allowed to fine the driver. If they cannot prove that you were the driver then they cannot fine you. They use scaremongery and intimidation to get your money and a surprising number of people do pay. It is not worth their time to chase up when you threaten the law at them, because they basically dont have a leg to stand on.

Here is some useful info taken from http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/private.htm.

"Essentially when a driver of a vehicle drives into a car park and parks his car he is implied to accept the offer for parking on the terms of the offeror (the parking company or land owner). A contract is formed and therefore the contract can be broken (or breached)."

"ONLY THE DRIVER AND THE OWNER OF THE LAND ARE A PARTY TO THE CONTRACT UNLESS THE PARKING COMPANY ACTS AS THEIR AGENT"

"Therefore should you receive an INVOICE from a PPC as the keeper of a vehicle and you do not know who was driving, I suggest you tell them this and tell them not to contact you again. You are under no obligation whatsoever to provide any information to the PPC. Refuse to do so."

Edited by HarryFlint
updated info

I've just called at McD's on my way home from work and there were loads of cars parked along the pavement between Centretainment and the Retail park and every single one had a parking ticket slapped on it......

I parked in the arena when there wasnt a concert on and got a 80 fine is this nessasary to pay it there was no private parking signs no pay and display signs and i cant afford it please can some one give me advice x

I have just received one of these lovely letters from G24 and I am going to fight it because I wasn't driving the car at the time in question and if they do have face recognition they will realise that it is a man driving!

I've just called at McD's on my way home from work and there were loads of cars parked along the pavement between Centretainment and the Retail park and every single one had a parking ticket slapped on it......

Yep, and they're proper cosher council ones. Nowt you can do about them but pay as you were probably on a pavement or on double yellow lines.

Now onto my 4th letter as of this morning (i think) this time it was from a company called DWF? Got my first letter from G24 on May 19th....

Now onto my 4th letter as of this morning (i think) this time it was from a company called DWF? Got my first letter from G24 on May 19th....

Ignore. Its the same company, look at the fine print.

I got the same thing mate, ur only allowed like 3 hours or somert.

I went to watch a movie and get a a munch... A few days down the line, i got a £25 fine!!

i got one too from there on 19th may and didnt pay, theyve sent me 2 letters so far...

How legal is it for them to get your name and address from the licence number?

Not at all I think.

How legal is it for them to get your name and address from the licence number?

Not at all I think.

They buy it from DVLA so not at all illegal!!!

Yet again I would refer everyone to http://www.moneysavingexpert.com where there is a whole section on parking fines.... DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THAT WEBSITE! Thats my words of wisdom for this evening done :hihi: