Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7888301.stm

Since February this has been illegal. I think it was because so many people were taking pictures of the police breaking the law (e.g. the poor guy that died in London after being assaulted by the police recently) that they decided to put a stop to it.

Not really. A judge would need to claim your picture is likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism.

Can you really see the police cuffing all those tourists taking pictures of the horse guards in London?

It won’t stop a police officer from trying arrest you though.

Don't pay any more going cinema parking car on right slot is the crime or what. We should not allow these blue men entered into our area.

my friends husband works for toys r us and sdaid they were doing that. It's rubbish when u do actually want to use centertainment and cant because of arena parking. Its them they should clamp down on, people should stand by car park exit and challenge people walking accross to arena

Don't pay any more going cinema parking car on right slot is the crime or what. We should not allow these blue men entered into our area.

Care to translate into English???

i had a parking ticket from them its 108min and i was there 206min the cineworld car park was full ive had to pay it

Has anyone else had a parking ticket for parking or Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice as it states in red along the top of the letter, for parking in the retail park? I got one in the post last night for parking there last wed nite (tried to part at centertainment for the cinema but no spaces and as usual people double parked everywhere, so i thought i'd park in the retail park)

You are allowed to stay for 180mins i was there for 203 mins and recieved a picture of me arriving (and the time) and leaving (and the time) along with a note saying i need to pay £50 within 28 days or £25 within 14 days!! crazy!! I only went for food, a beer and cinema, and now have to stump up £25.

i got one its stupid

Me and my boyfriend got one of these tickets a few months back, but he paid it. wish i had looked in to it first before he paid.

why they didnt build a multi storey car park at the back of the cinema i dont know!

Me and my boyfriend got one of these tickets a few months back, but he paid it. wish i had looked in to it first before he paid.

why they didnt build a multi storey car park at the back of the cinema i dont know!

i looked into it theres nothing that we can do, the parking people said we shouldn't be in there for the cinema even if there isn't any were to park at the cineworld, and cineworld said that all parking is nothing to do with them its a joke!

i got a ticket in a chesterfield car park, ended up with a 50 pound ticket for parkin over a white divedig line any way didnt pay got letter that it went up to 100 quid still didnt pay and 3 years later heard nothin

i still havent paid mine for mhall retail park from the 19th of may! had 2 letters so far....

We got one a while ago for there. We went to return a faulty TV to currys and they asked us to wait around (we live in chesterfield so couldn't go home and come back) while they looked at it. By the time they'd done that and sorted us out with a new tv then it was past the permitted parking time (we didn't even realise at that point). We recieved the fine about a week later and we rang currys and they actually sorted it out for us. Normally they don't but because it was their fault we were there so long and they remembered us they got it dropped. However I'm pretty sure my husband asked our friend about it (he's a traffic copper) and he told us it wasn't enforceable too. I think it's a stupid rule anyway because there are at least 9 shops on there and if you spent half an hour in 6 of those shops that's your time up right there. I don't know about you but it can take a while choosing tvs or toys or stuff from hobbycraft. I've managed to spend an hour in toys r us before. It's stupid and ridiculous!

I got a ticket, as did 4 of my mates. Centretainment was full, and the retail park car park COMPLETELY EMPTY. So we parked there. Where else do you park? Only noticed the signs when we got back and we didnt have a physical ticket so just figured it was an empty threat. Very shocked when the letter came through.

Now here's what winds me up... As a result of this incident I may take my business elsewhere. I.e., I will avoid the retail park, AND cineworld.

HOW IS THAT GOING TO HELP EITHER SITE? Surely they will slowly annoy people so they go elsewhere?

I will be ignoring any correspondance I recieve. They dont even send recorded delivery so they cant even prove you have the letter.

Complete and utter (very annoying) joke. I blame the retail park 100% for this, the parking firm are only making money. I hear that the retail park are not happy with the parking firm for upsetting customers so it will be interesting to see what happens.

and one last thing.... Has anyone ever seen the retail car park full? You know, the kind of incident that would trigger a requirement for a parking management firm to get involved?