Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

And im sure that as a private contractor they are not allowed to take your picture without clearly displaying the fact that they are going to, right to privacy laws ect!!!

And im sure that as a private contractor they are not allowed to take your picture without clearly displaying the fact that they are going to, right to privacy laws ect!!!

On private land? I'm sure they can take a photo.

I love how people are willing to flout someone else's laws and rules but are soon searching for legal support to justify their own case!

right to privacy laws ect!!!

M.P.'s think they have a right to privacy (re. expenses scandal). It doesn't apply to us plebs though.

On private land? I'm sure they can take a photo.

I love how people are willing to flout someone else's laws and rules but are soon searching for legal support to justify their own case!

You cannot just take pictures, you have to give permission

And as the OP stated, as he was using the facilities at the cinema, then i would hardly call that "flouting", or are you in fact trying to wind people up?

Can you point to somewhere it says this?

Can you point to somewhere it says this?

Go out with your camera, take a picture of policemen and then see what happens!!

I'll come and park on your drive and see how you feel about parking on private property then!

I don't have a drive. But I can give a parking permit if you want to come visit?

Council tax on the other hand is completely enforceable and not paying it can eventually lead to a prison term.

Is that so? I'd better write them out a cheque :blush:

So much for sticking it to The Man :roll:

x

Go out with your camera, take a picture of policemen and then see what happens!!

Oh great comeback. What's that got to do with taking a photo of an individual on private land?

Oh great comeback. What's that got to do with taking a photo of an individual on private land?

The right to privacy, or is that not somthing you are bothered about?

Not true - permission is not required to take someone's photograph.

Not true - permission is not required to take someone's photograph.

Under article 8 of the human rights act it states:-

"Even filming of a person or a company’s operations in a public place where the public has free access may amount to an interference with privacy, which could be restrained under the law using Article 8 of the Convention"