Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

Since receiving (and ignoring) a Parking Charge Notice dated 23 Feb 2009 from G24 Ltd, I have had the following correspondence;

09 Mar 2009 from G24 Ltd. Final Reminder.

1st April 2009 from CCSCOLLECT DEBT COLLECTORS. Formal notice of intended court action.

24th April 2009 from CCSCOLLECT DEBT COLLECTORS. Notice of intended legal action. This is not a court or legal document.

14th May 2009 from CCSCOLLECT DEBT COLLECTORS. 72 hour notice of home visit. We are now making arrangements for one of our collectors to visit you at home. The purpose of this visit is to:

Obtain payment or agree a payment arrangement with you

Investigate your home situation prior to recommending Court Action.

29th May 2009 from Charles Howard & Partners ( which is a trading style of Commercial Collection Services Ltd). Legal Notification.

We have been instructed by CCSCOLLECT (themselves !) etc. etc.

If judgement is obtained, application can be made to enforce the judgement by way of;

Seizure of goods to the value of the judgement

An Attanchment of Earnings via your employer

A Charging Order placed on your property

IF YOU GET A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE FROM G24 Ltd. IGNORE IT. DO NOT CONTACT THEM ABOUT IT.

You will get threatening letters as shown above, and after 3 months they are still blustering, but no Court Order. Why? because they can't prove who the driver of the car was; and they cannot prove how long the car was in the car park, a timed photo showing the car entering and a timed photo showing the car leaving does not prove they were of the same visit.

A poster on another thread has stated the government makes approximately £6 million per annum through the DVLA selling registered keepers' details to such companies as private parking contractors(ppcs) for £2.50 per enquiry. If £3 million of this £6 million was contributed by the ppcs, and they conned £25out of each erring driver, then the ppcs potential annual turnover could reach £30 million. It is a sobering thought that for a few million pounds, the government is assisting some companies to make many more millions of

pounds per annum out of innocent motorists.

because a driver recognition camera would be required to identify the driver to the car.

not if you were wearing a bowler hat, false beard and sunglasses!

Since receiving (and ignoring) a Parking Charge Notice dated 23 Feb 2009 from G24 Ltd, I have had the following correspondence;

09 Mar 2009 from G24 Ltd. Final Reminder.

1st April 2009 from CCSCOLLECT DEBT COLLECTORS. Formal notice of intended court action.

24th April 2009 from CCSCOLLECT DEBT COLLECTORS. Notice of intended legal action. This is not a court or legal document.

14th May 2009 from CCSCOLLECT DEBT COLLECTORS. 72 hour notice of home visit. We are now making arrangements for one of our collectors to visit you at home. The purpose of this visit is to:

Obtain payment or agree a payment arrangement with you

Investigate your home situation prior to recommending Court Action.

29th May 2009 from Charles Howard & Partners ( which is a trading style of Commercial Collection Services Ltd). Legal Notification.

We have been instructed by CCSCOLLECT (themselves !) etc. etc.

If judgement is obtained, application can be made to enforce the judgement by way of;

Seizure of goods to the value of the judgement

An Attanchment of Earnings via your employer

A Charging Order placed on your property

IF YOU GET A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE FROM G24 Ltd. IGNORE IT. DO NOT CONTACT THEM ABOUT IT.

You will get threatening letters as shown above, and after 3 months they are still blustering, but no Court Order. Why? because they can't prove who the driver of the car was; and they cannot prove how long the car was in the car park, a timed photo showing the car entering and a timed photo showing the car leaving does not prove they were of the same visit.

A poster on another thread has stated the government makes approximately £6 million per annum through the DVLA selling registered keepers' details to such companies as private parking contractors(ppcs) for £2.50 per enquiry. If £3 million of this £6 million was contributed by the ppcs, and they conned £25out of each erring driver, then the ppcs potential annual turnover could reach £30 million. It is a sobering thought that for a few million pounds, the government is assisting some companies to make many more millions of

pounds per annum out of innocent motorists.

You should take them to court for intimidating / threatening behavior, see how they lke it!

i got one too from there on 19th may and didnt pay, theyve sent me 2 letters so far...

i got one too from there on 19th may and didnt pay, theyve sent me 2 letters so far...

I hear ya, sister.

Chesterfield Borough Council have sent me three several demands for unpaid Council Tax, and I tell you now, they're getting nowt off me :clap:

x

Council tax on the other hand is completely enforceable and not paying it can eventually lead to a prison term.

yeah don't pay I got one, paid it then saw on web the ycan't legally fine you as they can't prove you entered into the contract of parking there or that it was you driving. Only the police of sheffield council can give you a parking ticket.

Don't pay. they will send you letters for about 6 months. Ignore them. They will stop it sooner or later.

Don't listen to the whining about private property. Lap dogs.

Had my 2nd letter through last week!! filed it in the draw and will await the next one!

Don't pay. they will send you letters for about 6 months. Ignore them. They will stop it sooner or later.

Don't listen to the whining about private property. Lap dogs.

I'll come and park on your drive and see how you feel about parking on private property then!

Has anyone else had a parking ticket for parking or Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice as it states in red along the top of the letter, for parking in the retail park? I got one in the post last night for parking there last wed nite (tried to part at centertainment for the cinema but no spaces and as usual people double parked everywhere, so i thought i'd park in the retail park)

You are allowed to stay for 180mins i was there for 203 mins and recieved a picture of me arriving (and the time) and leaving (and the time) along with a note saying i need to pay £50 within 28 days or £25 within 14 days!! crazy!! I only went for food, a beer and cinema, and now have to stump up £25.

They've dropped their prices somewhat look at what they used to demand, looks like they are gearing up 4 taking someone to court now the fines are somewhat justifyable not extortionate.

If they have photographic evidence that the driver is the owner and of sinage at the location it's a fair bet that a judge would side with them in a county court, if they did you would end up with costs and a ccj too.

I got one at Crystal peaks...the next to me was parked over the line so we also had to park over the line. When i returned (only nipped in to Sainsburys) the car was gone and I had a ticket:rant:.

They can %$""$ if they think i'm paying it ...:rant::suspect: