Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

If you went into Sheffield city centre to do some shopping and couldn't find anywhere to park would you go home or just leave your car anywhere? It's the same here.

It's not Centertainment's car park.

Thanks for the info, i have started to read the huge thread on here about it. I aint gonna pay!

I've just got a letter through this morning from G24 who own meadowhall retail park car park saying i was parked there for 196mins on 19th may and u can only park there free for 180mins. Charge is £50 within 28days or £25 within 14days...doesn't say anything about if you don't pay though :S

I can also confirm there is a 'small' sign just as you enter the car park. It is not noticeable, nor is it any bigger than a postage stamp.

I hope your friend is contesting the fine!!!

i got fined £25 for being over the apparent 3 hour parking rule by 13 mins...couldn't see no sign stating this. I went to macdonalds and then to cinema on a sunday. The car park was empty. They provided the evidence of a picture taken when I entered and left. I have paid the fine no questions asked but I am NEVER going to shop at the retail park in my life.

However I still go to centertainment (the only reason I parked in the retail park was because i wanted to go to macdonalds!)

In the future I might dispute any I get. Could this be the same for meadowhall who threaten to clamp you for parking for 'none shopping' reasons?

i have and i didn't pay it - grrrrrr

getting fined for parking over 3 hours in an empty car park at 11pm after all the shops are shut?

just plain greed

if they don't want people to park there

simple - just close the barricades

and if they don't want people to park there over 3 hours

again, simple - put a LARGE SIGN IN RED LETTERS AT THE ENTRANCE and several more throughout the park...

as it stands, the notices are NOT obvious, especially at night time

I would have thought that it's pretty clear that the retail park and Centertainment are two separate leisure facillities.

Do people park in the arena car park and have the same problem?

Don't pay until you've sought advice. These are not the same as council-issued tickets. They rely on contract law!

Visit http://www.pepipoo.com for advice.

:thumbsup:

i never known anyone who got done for parking in meadow hall retail park and how can you get a fine in there? why have u had a fine if yes what for and how much thanks.

Don't pay! Its a SCAM.

After reading through this thread and talking to my nan whos a magistrate and my friend whos a solicitor i don't think im going to pay...the images on the letter are crap, the first picture of my car entering at 8pm is light but the reg plate underneath is dark, and the second of my car leaving at quarter past 11 is dark but the reg plate is light and has been digitally enhanced...