Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

Private parking 'fines' are unenforceable. They depend on the law of contract, and for a contract to be binding both parties must understand and agree to the terms.

true in part but not entirely....

yes private parking fines are not fixed penalties like you get from the Council, they are basically a notice from the private land owner that they intend to take you to court for trespassing (or breaking the rules they have set) and the charge (in this care £95) is a offer for you to pay money to settle out of court.

If they have clear signage of the rules (which they Do) and you have broken them in a court case you will lose and have to pay court costs on top.

There are some signs up (they appeared relatively recently) and there are some cameras presuambly clocking number plates going in and out of the car park. The signs aren't that noticeable or clear.

The problem was that people were using the car park to park and ride and people who wanted to go to Aldi couldn't get parked up near the store.

There are some signs up (they appeared relatively recently) and there are some cameras presuambly clocking number plates going in and out of the car park. The signs aren't that noticeable or clear.

The problem was that people were using the car park to park and ride and people who wanted to go to Aldi couldn't get parked up near the store.

People who go to Aldi have cars? :o

Yeah but at 8pm at night you are not stopping trade going to the stores!

IMO It's a silly rule that should not have a time limit on it at night. I've left my car down there a couple of times overnight so i can have a drink and then gone back for it the next morning.

People who go to Aldi have cars?

Whats wrong with Aldi ? and why would the people who shop there not have cars!!!!

Whats wrong with Aldi ? and why would the people who shop there not have cars!!!!

It was a feeble attempt at a joke. You should try it sometime!

Sorry, just putting my order through to Fortnum and Masons. ;)

The last time (a few weeks ago) that I went to the retail park, I remember seeing loads of signs about parking is for patrons only. The signs were about A2 in size with red type and on most of the large lamp posts. I've tended to park in there for the cinema when Centertainment gets full because they dont stop people going to the Arena from parking there. I would have happily paid at the retail park but you can't as by the time you are there you need to put the car somewhere.

The trick would be to stop the arena parking, last week when Westlife were on, it was fairly obvious that this was happening but despite the signs no security staff were bothering.

The problem at Centretainment is that the carpark gets filled up with people attending events at the Arena and therefore cinema goers get displaced into using the Retail carpark. If the retail carpark owners are clamping down on misuse then maybe the centretainment owners will clamp down on the people who park there when attending events at the Arena

Whenever I've been there's always been plenty of spaces in the retail park and behind the cinema.. just looks like some money grabbing going on to me!.. But then that's what this city is all about these days.. IMO

in my opinion they should have restrictions on but only when the stores are open but when the stores are closed anyone should be able to park there especially when only going to be a few hours :|

my grandad has just had a notice in the post saying he was in there for over 3 hours, but he bought something from Aldi, got it home and there were pieces missing so he went back and got it exchanged...the crafty company failed to spot him leaving and coming back

You could always go out to your car just before the 3 hours are up and move it into another parking bay

well, i never knew that. Thanks for the info.x