Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

People, try not to park in the yellow checkered areas, they usually are ok with it, but lately they are not so be careful

Why would you park there in the first place?

Why would you park there in the first place?

you would be surprised. There are loads of cars parking on there!

you would be surprised. There are loads of cars parking on there!

And will no doubt moan to The Star when they get clamped...

I really would not bother for an unenforceable fine!

It wasn't a serious suggestion

And will no doubt moan to The Star when they get clamped...

lol its almost like deja vu lol

Be careful - those who ignored it have never been heard from again! "manaman" is in Guantanamo Bay!

Not quite!

Have been away from the forum for a while but not as far as Guantanamo Bay. But I'm back now for my fix.:D

Has manaman heard anything else from these people since his last post?

Not heard a thing since my last post.

In February, I had spent a large amount of money between a number of the stores on the Park, hence my "overstay". To say I was surprised at then being bombarded by threatening letters demanding extortionate amounts of money for this "overstay", would be an understatement. All my previous visits were to a free car parking Retail Park. On this visit I did not see any large notice at the entrance, and indeed in the car park itself, indicating a change in the parking conditions.

I will never visit this site again. I prefer to deal with retail companies who appreciate my custom and treat me with respect.

Went to cinema at Centertainment in Sheffield and as usual could not get parked due to the pathetic amount of spaces available. I always check the overflow car park behind the cinema then as usual end up parking next door on the retail car park. I've never been aware of these parking restrictions (don't go the cinema that often) so was surprised to receive the letter with photographic evidence.

Done a bit of Googling and the advice is to 'ignore any letters and they will go away' because it is not a legal notice and all they are sending you is in effect an invoice.

Just been chatting at work and colleagues have said ' for £25 I'd just pay' and must admit I'm inclined to do so.

Anyone had any recent experience of G24 Ltd?

I have posted on a site that deals with stuff like this and will update for other peoples info.

Don't listen to your work colleagues.

Ignore any correspondence and they will go away. They have no legal right to fine you, as has been proven in court.

There is a big thread somewhere about Meadowhall Retail Park which may be of interest to you.

MORE HERE

I had one last year but was under a very stressful time in my life that I didnt need any hassle and any more worry, so I paid it, if I'd have got it now I wouldn't be doing so.

Went to cinema at Centertainment in Sheffield and as usual could not get parked due to the pathetic amount of spaces available. I always check the overflow car park behind the cinema then as usual end up parking next door on the retail car park. I've never been aware of these parking restrictions (don't go the cinema that often) so was surprised to receive the letter with photographic evidence.

Done a bit of Googling and the advice is to 'ignore any letters and they will go away' because it is not a legal notice and all they are sending you is in effect an invoice.

Just been chatting at work and colleagues have said ' for £25 I'd just pay' and must admit I'm inclined to do so.

Anyone had any recent experience of G24 Ltd?

I have posted on a site that deals with stuff like this and will update for other peoples info.

So you parked somewhere you wasn't meant to, got a fine and are now trying to get out of it??

So why is it wrong for them to have fined you for parking somewhere you wasn't meant to?