Grand Theft Auto 4

RRP is £34.99 I was told on Thursday - a colleague went into town to buy it at lunchtime and walked out of HMV (I think, might have been Zavvi) when told they had upped it to £50. He came back and ordered it online with next day delivery for the RRP.

Actually he must have been wrong - he got it from Play.com so must have paid £39.99. Still cheaper than town though!

^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the RRP info

I know in the pre-Zavvi days, Virgin werent that cheap anyway. You can almost always save money by shopping elsewhere. Perhaps my original post should have read:

"Zavvi charge £50 because they won't offer a discount because they're not bothering to compete on price"

There. That should cover my ass (from a libel viewpoint!)

Its not even that good though

Guest Mod_Man
RRP £29.99 AT http://www.play.com

No, it says RRP £49.99 and Play are doing it for £39.99 with free delivery.

RRP for most AAA next gen games is £49.99. You won't see a price drop on AAA for another year or so on the x-box and likely another year for PS3. Someone has to pay for R&D.

Um, we have a GTA 4 thread in computer and tech chat.

Mods? Thread merge please?

They do it because they can :)

Cheeky, yes, but also legal!

Out of interest, what is the recommended retail price of the game? Argos especially are known for (notorious for...) selling games cheaper than RRP, so if the retail price is £50, then you're getting a relative bargain at £40.

Argos ,Woolworths, Sainsburys all doing the game 39.99 surely the other companies should learn Gamestation is £44 ithink

Guest Mod_Man
Um, we have a GTA 4 thread in computer and tech chat.

Mods? Thread merge please?

You should report the thread Rich not just post on it. The Mods don't read every thread, you know that. ;)

We got our copy from Asda on Tuesday morning, for 37.00. There was quite a few qing for the game when I went at 9:30am, game in one hand four pack of beers in the other.

My OH seems to think it is good, he has done nothing but play on it since we bought it, keeping him quite though lol. :hihi:

Is anyone still looking for a copy of this game?If so i have a brand new,sealed copy which im wanting to sell for 40 pounds.Pm me for details,will also take offers.:)