Grand Theft Auto 4

Well if reports are true, they've done that in the new game - there's an acheivement for it called "warm coffee" - i lol'd!

Apparenlt (according to the BBFC rating review) it does have "scenes of sexual nature" and all that pallarva - not that games need it - thats what teh internet's for!!

Well if reports are true, they've done that in the new game - there's an acheivement for it called "warm coffee"

Yeah, that's just for getting invited inside, as i understand it. Same as you could in San Andreas.

Whether or not they've implemented (and hidden?) "hot coffee" again remains to be seen...

Can't wait for it. I've got it pre-ordered at Amazon - £34.99

I've decided to get the PS3 version as they both run and look the same according to the many previews I've read, and the more reliable hardware of the PS3 sealed the deal.

Exclusive content (DLC) on the 360 plus..... (i'm a sad git!) ACHEIVEMENTS!

If you pre-order at Game, you get 500 X-Box Live points free and some exclusive gamerpics. Or you can pre-order at HMV and get 1000 gamerpoints.

The exclusive downloadable content and achievements sealed it for me on the 360 too.

I think Dude111 is probably referring to the "Hot Coffee" stuff hidden in GTA San Andreas
Yup exactly :D

Any idea what those download packs carry? For £15 each it should be pretty substantial don't you think? But in Gamemasters they only state that the packs will offer missions...

So, that's:

£34.99 + £30 (DLC x2) = £64.99 - is anybody else getting sick of this next gen trend of offering DLC for extortionate prices? Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Singstar and MotorStorm are the main offenders. Lots more games will follow, I hate it. :rant:

Oh, and I've just read in the latest PSW that the PS3 version will also get acheivements in the form of accomplishments; these will unlock free GTA related content from within the game's Home space.

We can be sad gits together :hihi:

I've got every GTA game produced... started with the original GTA on the PC (far superior graphically to the Playstation version - i couldn't believe how *bad* it looked on the PS!) and all the other games on PS2 (being a casual gamer, i gave in to the console... :)).

I'll be getting GTA4 for my new XBOX360 regardless of any hype. I love the GTA series and am looking forward to seeing what treats they've produced for it's first multiplayer outing. (BTW, alkatraz, i believe there will be a "chillin" multiplayer game included)

You said that "your looking forward to seeing what treats they've produced for it's first multiplayer outing" and that yer've got everyone . . so I guess yer aware that both GTA and GTA2 on the PC had multiplayer lan build in, so it aint "it's first multiplayer outing."

But having said that, I bought a PS2 specifcally for GTA 3 after loving GTA 2 and 1 on the PC and I won't be buying an entirely new console for just one game again.

It took the wee a bit that rockstar sold out to sony with a 5 year exclusive contract which meant you couldnt get GTA 3 on any other format, which is damn cheeky to say that GTA started out on the PC.

I'll be waiting for at least 3 or 4 games that I'll want before I choose either a PS3 or Xbox360 (as I've already got a wii). .even though GTA4 does look well tasty, I've learnt me lesson

Their previous two games - Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories - never made it to the PC.

AWW what a shame .

You said that "your looking forward to seeing what treats they've produced for it's first multiplayer outing" and that yer've got everyone . . so I guess yer aware that both GTA and GTA2 on the PC had multiplayer lan build in, so it aint "it's first multiplayer outing."

Ah, yes... i forgot that the PC version had multiplayer. Not having had a LAN at the time i always ignored it.

OK, so i'll re-phrase the line...

I love the GTA series and am looking forward to seeing what treats they've produced for it's first ONLINE-multiplayer outing.

:P

I know i'll be buying a copy after watching the previews on the game. CaNT beat vice city tho.

CaNT beat vice city tho.

Really?

I thought San Andreas (3.2?) was much better.

And probably enjoyed GTA3 more than Vice City (3.1?).