Grand Theft Auto 4

Hey Guys,

Anyone else out there anticipating this game as much as me? I can't access any games websites at work so getting news on this game is really hard!!!.

I've just read all the Achievement list for it (it was leaked) and they look pretty solid (I can post em if you want).

Just figured this game might garner a lot of interest so thought i'd start a thread!

Not until they bring it to the pariahs of the gaming industry, the PC gamers.

Consoles can get stuffed. Why buy a new computer with fewer inputs so that I can pay even more to buy the game?

Stupid frigging gaming industry.

Guest Mod_Man
Not until they bring it to the pariahs of the gaming industry, the PC gamers.

Consoles can get stuffed. Why buy a new computer with fewer inputs so that I can pay even more to buy the game?

Stupid frigging gaming industry.

Ever since the Master System I have been a console gamer, granted I had the C64 and Amiga but I always considered myself a console gamer. I don't really play games now other than a select few on the PC and PC gaming is far, far more fun than console gaming. I'm not entirely sure why but it is, maybe it's because a lot of PC games don't assume you have the attention span of a hyper active 7 year old.

Isn't GTA 4 out on PC at the same time as console?

Their previous two games - Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories - never made it to the PC.

The question was, in essence: Are you interested?

The responses: Not until we know we're actually going to be able to play it.

I'm really looking forward to it, had my preorder for a while now.

Interested in how well the multiplayer system is going to work.

Yeah - i have mixed expectations about multiplayer...it doesn't tickle any of my buttons and i'd never buy a GTA game for multiplayer. I think your basic frag-and-run" modes will bore me - that's what COD4 is for...but i AM very intrigued by the "Cops-and-Robbers" car chase/hunt mode - that certainly ticks my boxes as the "Vigilante" side-missions are almost always the first thing i do!

The multiplayer mode should be focussed on (excuse the term) " Chillin' ".

When at uni, a friend and I used the MTA multiplayer mod to just generally hang around driving and shooting and stuff and, even though it was REALLY poor in quality, it was fantastic fun. We've been waiting for PROPER multiplayer for some time.

Having said that, even if I owned a console it would run on, I wouldn't care for console multiplayer - it just wouldn't work for me. It needs to be done on a LAN. Two or more people in the same house/building/room on dedicated personal bandwidth having fun. That's the way to do it.

Its all hype. Ill wait til it all calms down and read reviews etc to make sure its good, ht eonline thing does look good though.

Yeah, I'd never buy GTA for its multiplayer mode but, i do think that some of the multiplayer modes sound pretty decnt and will add something good to the game.

Less than four weeks to go now :)

Can't wait for this on the 360!

Might be getting Condemned 2 on Friday too!