I need a Wii - advice welcomed :)

:hihi: Is it just me or does everyone make childish Wii jokes??..that'll be just me then (no wonder my kids hate me!)...

.....Anyhoo...

I'm going to go and buy a Wii and wondered if any Wii owners had any advice on what would be the best bundle? (number of remotes, nunchuks etc cable trauma etc).

Many thanks :)

We bought the boy's games pack on saturday from toys r us £219.99.

Look on their web site for other deals.

They are great fun :hihi:

May I point out that the wii is not for fun. It is an integral part of my sports orientated fitness regime, along with J Smiths smooth and curry. I will soon be down to sixteen stone with all the difficult tennis matches ( mi level 1350).

Enjoy the machine, live for the next game.

I've got two controllers and namchucks(?) and a recharging console because the controllers take batteries. I Like wii sports, but have also enjoyed eleedes and Zelda is absolutely excellent, but a time sucker. I have also enjoyed my old gamecube games and have managed to procure copy of Chibi Robo. I have just got paper mario which I shall be enjoying soon no doubt.

I LOVE my Wii (not often you get the chance to say that in public):hihi: Whatever package you buy, you'll definately need 2 remotes and nunchucks. MOst of the fun is playing against other people, and you don't want to keep having to take wrist straps off and swap about. My kids love Sports, and Wii Play, and I loved Resident Evil 4 and am in the middle of Zelda, Mario Galaxy, and the Olympics! Enjoy!

I've heard that some of the remote charges can knacker your remotes - not sure how true these stories are...We opted for buying some good quality rechargable batteries instead, cos you do get through them!

We had a laugh with the Wii on new years eve .Lots of booze and the boxing game :hihi: .

Its a killer on the arms innit :hihi:

Karen x

Does the standard Wii console come with all the cables needed? (I recall reading once that it doesn't? Or maybe I dreamt that). Has anyone had got any recommendations re: docking station or just using rechargeable batteries?

Have a look on Amazon for reviews of the docking stations - very many dissatisfied customers. Remotes reportedly dying totally after being docked. We bought rechargeable batteries.

I got a Wii the other week - basic machine only (ie - no bundles). Included in the pack were all the cables needed and the Sports games.

I got mine from Amazon £169.99.

Definitely need two wiimotes and two nunchunks.

We already have a battery recharger so it seems senseless buying a wiimote charger unit (especially if it's gonna blow them - NOT a good move at £30 a time!!).

We all love it - but NOT the sore arms LOL!!!!!!

Mines on ebay, they are great for novelty fun but mine wore off :hihi: They definately worth the aches and pains next day :hihi:

Mines on ebay, they are great for novelty fun but mine wore off :hihi: They definately worth the aches and pains next day :hihi:

Ours isn't on Ebay but the novelty ran out after a month or so.. Its stuck under the TV downstairs now gathering dust!