Funfair opposite Wednesday ground.

I saw a poster for this yesterday, I think it starts on Friday. We went last year and year before and there were loads of police and one of those vans with cctv in it, my question is, will there be that amount of policing this year too as I felt much happier walking around it with the kids knowing that there was a very visable deterrent for trouble (not that there is always trouble at fairs but it has been known!)?

I am going to presume that it will be the same but does anyone know for certain? :)

Yes, and yes! Van will be there on weekends, police around most of the rest of the time...

i like this one, purely cos we take the kids and feel a lot safer with the police / security there! parking can be a nightmare though

Last year someone got stabbed didn't they?! I have to say there is no chance I would go to that one!!!!!

Last year someone got stabbed didn't they?! I have to say there is no chance I would go to that one!!!!!

Yep i have to agree with you on that!! no chance im i going:mad:

Its a great place to stick a fun fair as the biggest fun fair will be opposite it lol (swfc)

when that person got stabbed there was just a few security men there on the gates , but since the stabbing there has been loads of police and cameras and there will be this year too to stop this from happening , there will be police walking around the ground for saftey so it is perfectly safe.

few tips: dont walk around thinking your hard because some lads may think hes thinking hes bad an then you may get a knuckle butty so just keep yaself to yaself and dont give anyone funny looks

the fair usually has some good rides and this year they are all priced at just 99p. the only exception to this is the freak out ride which will be £1.50. i for one won't let any one stop me from visiting the fair just because some little boys think they are hard men.

Thanx, it's nice to know that they will be there, and thanx for the tips badboi, I promise not to walk around thinkin I'm 'ard :)

ill be going are all the rides only 99p all the time the fairs open?

or is it just on a certain day ?

The stabbing was 3 years ago now, I don't know of any serious incidents there since then...

The stabbing was 3 years ago now, I don't know of any serious incidents there since then...

Do you mean just at the fair or the local area near the fair?