Economic benefits of immigration?

Less than 5 million people read a newspaper. Over 20 million watch the proven admitted biased BBC (as well as C4 News come to that)

Ergo the out-of-touch public sector leftists have the upper hand on spouting brainwashing rubbish and, yet with living real life constantly, the vast majority of the nation know it's garbage and will never conform. Just like at all the other leading world nations.

Rotherhamer, maybe you're too emotional, but I see your point. You really tend to blame asians, don't you... I'm not asian, but my experience is just an opposite. I see a lot of asian students who work. I mean really WORK hard: it's not the question of a talent or being bright in physics, maths or engineering, but the question of responsibility, attitude to studies and concentration. Also I see some strange native british students who come to my lecture already drunk and high. This doesn't offend me or something but just surprises - it's 10 o'clock in the morning :) The reason I'm writing this message is NOT to say that british people are bad and asian people are good. The reason is to show a different statistical ensemble which demonstrates the behavior opposite to that described in your post. And since there is no reason to do not believe you, I assume that both statistical ensembles exist.

:) By the way, what do you understand by the word "integration"? My favorite way of integration is to keep my body horizontal on the sofa, watch tv and read a book at the same time. Both TV and book are in english.

Rotherhamer, maybe you're too emotional, but I see your point. You really tend to blame asians, don't you... I'm not asian, but my experience is just an opposite. I see a lot of asian students who work. I mean really WORK hard: it's not the question of a talent or being bright in physics, maths or engineering, but the question of responsibility, attitude to studies and concentration. Also I see some strange native british students who come to my lecture already drunk and high. This doesn't offend me or something but just surprises - it's 10 o'clock in the morning :) The reason I'm writing this message is NOT to say that british people are bad and asian people are good. The reason is to show a different statistical ensemble which demonstrates the behavior opposite to that described in your post. And since there is no reason to do not believe you, I assume that both statistical ensembles exist.

:) By the way, what do you understand by the word "integration"? My favorite way of integration is to keep my body horizontal on the sofa, watch tv and read a book at the same time. Both TV and book are in english.

I take it you are not responsible for marking or correcting your students grammar?

I take it you are not responsible for marking or correcting your students grammar?

No, and I hope, the university managed to find someone better in languages than me :D

No your not seeing my point at all,Im not blaming Asians its just that they are the majority of the immigration populace,be it Asians ,Croations,Poles or whatever,the fault is not with them,the fault is with the politicians that have put the wedge in the door letting them come in as they wish with virtually no restrictions..thats the point

Jesus Christ! you've come up with some crackers tonight.

I'd wait and see just what the picture is by the election in 2009 and how worse it has got because there is no escape from the worsening conditions and it's becoming ever clearer the last ten years of Labour are responsible for no way out.

The fallacy that Labour are competetent is coming tumbling down... the poorest have been suffering the last two years and it'll only get worse.

The Tories are quietly taking the lead already in polls in the working class southern areas, by 2009 vast swathes of the working classes nationwide will be voting blue. Ultimately the poorest will give their verdict... and it won't be pretty for Labour.

Yeah whatever!

The Pensioners will vote for the abolition of Pension Credit, Working mums will want the Child Care provisions scrapped, the low paid will fight to abolish the Minimum wage and the sick will vote for a NHS with massive waiting times.

You better watch out folks,here come the Party that opposed all of the above:loopy:

No your not seeing my point at all,Im not blaming Asians its just that they are the majority of the immigration populace,be it Asians ,Croations,Poles or whatever,the fault is not with them,the fault is with the politicians that have put the wedge in the door letting them come in as they wish with virtually no restrictions..thats the point

Damn politicians get in the way of everything, bring back the days of the Empire when we could walk into other countries when we felt like it:loopy:

Damn politicians get in the way of everything, bring back the days of the Empire when we could walk into other countries when we felt like it:loopy:

Oh come on, Titanic, you can't go wheeling out that tired old phrase in response to everything.

We're living in the 21st century now, not the 19th! Get with the programme

StarSparkle

Oh come on, Titanic, you can't go wheeling out that tired old phrase in response to everything.

We're living in the 21st century now, not the 19th! Get with the programme

StarSparkle

I'm very comfortable with my thoughts on the Empire, the problem I have is with certain other posters who seem to think we should go back to those days, whilst at the same time wishing to deny people the legitimate opportunity to come here to work.

It's nonsensical in the extreme!

I'm very comfortable with my thoughts on the Empire, the problem I have is with certain other posters who seem to think we should go back to those days, whilst at the same time wishing to deny people the legitimate opportunity to come here to work.

It is not nonsense, it is more dangerous than that.

It is thinking politics is about self interest and power that self interest is the best way for societies to run. It is a part of the myth of social darwinism.

If youve got a beef with me ,use my name Idont mind I will certainly not break my neck to report you its not my style.

This country is Great Britain,not Pakistan,Somalia,Kosovo or any kind of offshoot of those countries,it was built on the blood and sweat of thousands of British people a lot of those gave their lives to keep this country free and British,why should outsiders who have no sense of history of this country come and just walk in and gradually take it over.Do you own your house,if so you have laboured to build a home what is yours,would you want someone from outside to wait until you have modernised that house got rid of the faults and generally improved it to just walk in and say **** off part of this is mine now,no you wouldnt,and thats just what Im saying,this country was built on the sweat and blood of its inhabitants why should we just roll over now and let it be mongrolised,Blimey Iv got possesions handed down to me older than some of the countries Iv mentioned,where is their sense of history, nowhere because they havent got any,as with us it has to be earned,we done all the hard work,who's going to reap the benefits.

The British Empire was once the greatest empire on earth ,being firstly English and then British I am proud of my heritage,as should every other Briton anybody who says they are not and demean it ,in my book,is a traitor to the country,dont accuse me of racism or anything in that vein because Im not ,unless being a true patriot and loving my country is classed as rascism..

Watch the next Amir Khan fight and see how many Pakistani flags there are flying,then when you have finished counting them ,see how many Union Jacks are flying,I'll bet I know which are more predominant and thats for a British born subject,you tell me is he British or Pakistani?and where does their patriotism lie.....I know where mine lies

why should outsiders who have no sense of history of this country come and just walk in and gradually take it over.

The British Empire was once the greatest empire on earth

Could you review these two parts of your post and explain to me why I should be proud of us walking into other countries and taking them over, yet at the same time believe it unacceptable for others to come in here to take over our country (your opinions, the reality is somewhat different).

It really is very inconsistent opinions!