People with diabetes

has any one got diabetic neuropathy in there legs?

has any one found any good pain killers for this. Ive had a few. in which some have worked but i always suffer the side affects. the NGH pain clinic soon ran out of ideas.

i am know on oramorph, which helps a lot, it is addictive and i do sometimes feel abit sick in a m4orning. but it does give me a pain free night and stops the twitching.

any one else have any experiences or experiences to do with diabetes (eyes, kidneys ect)

Paul,

have you tried bacoflen,

my daughter has it for her celebral palsy for her leg cramps and spasms and she is also diabetic.

are you type 1 or type 2

diabetic neuropathy: just done a search and it might be the cause of some of my problems

Can T2 diabetics have neuropathy The pains I get at night in my legs keep me awake and Ive also been suffering from a severe pain on the underside of my right foot it's so bad it causing me to walk like a weeble lower back pain and dizzy spells

diabetic neuropathy: just done a search and it might be the cause of some of my problems

Can T2 diabetics have neuropathy The pains I get at night in my legs keep me awake and Ive also been suffering from a severe pain on the underside of my right foot it's so bad it causing me to walk like a weeble lower back pain and dizzy spells

also you loose feeling in your feet from the start, then it goes up your legs. what gets me is you loose feeling, yet it still hurts.

i had type 2 diabetes and also started with neuropathy then i became type 1 and its just got worse, but apparently the pain subsides the more your nerves die.

have you tried bacoflen,

my daughter has it for her celebral palsy for her leg cramps and spasms and she is also diabetic.

are you type 1 or type 2

I'm type 1. Ive had gabapentin, which is the same sort of drug, it did work for a while, but i suffered a lot of side effects.

I'm type 1. Ive had gabapentin, which is the same sort of drug, it did work for a while, but i suffered a lot of side effects.

I was tried on gabapentin as part of my painkiller medication because of the liver problems that were being caused by the carbamazepine that I was taking, but the side effects from the gabapentin were so much worse that I decided after only a couple of days that I'd rather have the liver damage.

I'm not diabetic BTW- my painkillers are for nerve damage caused by surgery to remove a tumour. Anti-epileptic drugs are used quite a lot in neurogenic pain of all sorts though and for some people they are far more effective than standard NSAIDs or opiate based painkillers.

EDIT- baclofen isn't the same sort of drug as gabapentin. Baclofen is used to treat muscle stiffness primarily and gabapentin is an anti-epileptic drug.

The only pain killers I'm given is paracetamol.. waste of time, so I take our gerts when the pain gets really annoying, tramadol and amitriptyline its the only way I can get a good nights sleep

The only pain killers I'm given is paracetamol.. waste of time, so I take our gerts when the pain gets really annoying, tramadol and amitriptyline its the only way I can get a good nights sleep

Sounds like you have a tight doctor, there's plenty about. Ive had a few different tablets, some did work, but i suffered a lot of side affects. At the mo i am on orah morph (morphine). I don't want to relay on it but i have no pain and i get a good nights sleep, apart from i suffer with sleep nappier.

I'm waiting for pain clinic to get of there backsides, but ill not hold my breath.

I think my doc has abit of understanding, for he is diabetic himself.

Update!!!!

Ive been to pain clinic at NGH.....they have left me on oramorph and a sleeping tablet called zimavane.....it seems to be a good combination.....i have little or no pain, plus i sleep better at night.:):):):):)

hi i have been diagnosed with neuopathy and given gabapentin they havent stopped the pain and make me feel like a zombie as i also suffer with narcolepsy and take epilim and other drugs for epilepsy they dont agree with me and will be seeing the doctor tommorrow to have my meds changed my consultant told me ordinary painkillers wont work as the pain is nerve damage caused by my diabetes

hi i have been diagnosed with neuopathy and given gabapentin they havent stopped the pain and make me feel like a zombie as i also suffer with narcolepsy and take epilim and other drugs for epilepsy they dont agree with me and will be seeing the doctor tommorrow to have my meds changed my consultant told me ordinary painkillers wont work as the pain is nerve damage caused by my diabetes

i presume you have read my thread. it was a year since i started it. at the moment i have little time, but letting you know i will find time for you, if you like by email, pm or in person to how its affected me, what treatments ive had, how good they have been and the struggles ive encounted.let me know by the means ive expressed. i will not have time till monday but after that ill do my best to help if i can. pm me over the weekend, then ill share my experiences with you, it may help.

People are different and so a painkiller that works for one person may not be as effective with some-one else if yours doesn't work moan about it loudly to your doctor until they agree to tryy you on something else it can be that you have to try several different one's before you find the correct one for you.

Also your body can become accustomed to a painkiller so it ceaases to work so again a change may be required. Obviouslt the medical bods don't want to get you on opiate based drugs as they can be horribly addictive there's one called DF 118 [i think] exceedingly good but adduictive. Co-dydramol and tylex both seem good at dealing with pain as I know people who use both of these.