NHS dentists accepting new patients?

I had to go to the emergency dentist last weekend,and the nurse and the dentist both work at a new outreach centre near Winn Gardens, its to far for me but both people were lovely and put me totally at ease

I think you should be able to get a partial refund on your national health contributions if you can;t get on a NHS dentist. its discusting.

Anyone know what the newfield dentist is like? Or any good ones in that area?

Darling & Evans on London Rd.

I went there last year when i was desperately seeking a Dentist. They pick and choose who they will take onto their books depending on how much work you need done. The Dentist who i was assigned to explained all this to me before he did a proper check-up, and when i said that i needed a Crown replacing plus a few fillings (i hadn't been for years - my bad...) he said that he couldn't afford to take me on. He was very honest with me and didn't charge me for a check-up as he hadn't had to do a full check-up. So if you've not got a lot needing done, i'd stick with them, i was very happy with the service i got.

I actually went to Charles Clifford after that, and was assigned a lovely final year student who has just done 100s £ of work on me free :)

Anyone know what the newfield dentist is like? Or any good ones in that area?

They are really good. Mr Summerfield is really nice and I have just managed to get my other half on their list.

I tried to get a family of 4 registered with a new dentist – but gave up – I even offered to consider going private if they would take the kids on the NHS but no takers anywhere close to home.

We have a dentist but every treatment ends in disaster – including 7 year old having to have extractions under general anaesthetic and very expensive crown falling off within a couple of days - when I raised some concerns they made it clear we all would be removed from their list!

I’ll have another go with the suggestions posted

Maybe try after tomorrow, when I rang up last year I was told by a few that they do not take new patients in March.

Not sure whether that is anything to do with the financial year?

Good luck.

A friend went to one on City Road and she left crying so maybe try find a different one to that!

Which is just as well cos he hung his dental boots up a few months ago :hihi::suspect:

I just registered at Darnall, new surgery too !

i was thinking of joining there, is it any good?

No one let any dentist at woodseats do anything to your teeth! i went there a few years back ( was in need of an emergency dentist on a sunday, only one what was open at the time) and i said i had extremely bad toothache, so anyway she never even took an x-ray or anything and went ahead to take my nerve out of my tooth, a few days later the pain came back in the same place so i went to my own dentist and they said it was an absess! if only she had x-rayed me. now i have no tooth on my front left and it looks awfall, and my dentist says its going to take a few more months before i can get a false 1! some dentists should be sacked!

( for got to menttion why my tooth fell out) well when you have a nerve taken out the tooth it's 'dead' so one day i was eating mashed potatoe!!! and it fell out.

To Toeless; Be very careful of the Dentist at WinnGardens. Yes, all the Staff are fantastic and the place is immaculate but the 'work' is done by students, who are 'overseen' by two or three tutors. Unfortunately, when they make a mistake - you pay. I know; I and my family go there because we cannot find another dentist, and have suffered......If anyone else knows of a dentist in the 6 area I would be grateful for the number.

I had to go to the emergency dentist last weekend,and the nurse and the dentist both work at a new outreach centre near Winn Gardens, its to far for me but both people were lovely and put me totally at ease