Ryanair and hand luggage question

This may seem a silly question, but does anybody out there know whether ladies can take a handbag on board as well as the permitted one piece of hand luggage?

Officially, no. Your handbag is your one piece of hand luggage.

That said, on many flights, I've seen it done without anyone on board quibbling it. Not on Ryanair, though, since I've never flown with them. You might get away with it, you might not.

Check ryan airs website as ive just been looking at thomas cooks for our holiday and the "one bag rule" has been dropped as of Jan 2008.

If i remember, i think Ryanair hand luggage is 10kg not 5kg also!

Thanks so far guys. I have looked at Ryanairs FAQs and no mention is made of handbags. I'd hate to have to start sharing out the contents of my handbag amongst all the members in my party :blush:

Cabin Baggage Allowance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each passenger (excluding infants) is permitted to carry one piece of cabin baggage on board (free of charge). It should weigh no more than 10kg and not exceed the maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Due to security restrictions - certain items cannot be carried in cabin baggage - click here for details. For the safety and convenience of all passengers, cabin baggage must fit underneath the seat or in the overhead compartment.

You can take 10kg, so take both and then when you check in / go on the plane, put your handbag in your bigger bag!

Put all your stuff in a black bin liner, that way people won't be able to see whats inside it.

We travel with Ryan Air quite a lot and i always have my rucksack as hand luggage as well as a handbag. But, i always make sure there is enough room in the rucksack to squeeze the handbag, just in case they make a fuss. Travelled with them 4 times in the last year and they never have so far!

Lie someone has said, take a bag big enough to stuff your handbag in to. Thats what I always do, just in case.