Flash mob in Sheffield

I was there... and Sheffield Forums own moderator Richard formed the single file queue. He was at the front bless him!

I was stood with fellow forum members 'TinaJones' and 'Tom in Bradway'.

Loved every minute... wicked!

Can't with for the photo's8)

Yeah there were loads there taking snaps DaBouncer :)

What was it like near the front? I was stood in the middle of the que and missed all the action near the store. Did you see how the virgin staff were reacting ???

8) Nah Den.........

It were proper bo' I tell thi!!!!

When the Town Hall clock started to chime at 3pm, we all started clapping and cheering. I was going ballistic - jumping up and down, cheering, whooping, waving my arms about and generalling acting the c*nt! A youth came upto me and asked what was going on. When I told him it was Robbie Williams, he was running about, jumping up onto the stone benches and doing some serious rubber necking, trying to spot the Robster! He came back over to me and said he couldn't see him. At this point, a queue stretching from the Virgin Megastore to the other side of Fargate had started to form! So I suggested that the eager beaver joined the queue!

I was about two thirds of the way down the queue, where there was much mirthmaking! A market research bloke asked the lady in front what was going on. She politely informed him that we were waiting for Robbie Williams! "Seriously?" asked the bemused, clipboard-wielding interrogator. I backed the lady up, "Aye, seriously!"

The bloke behind me was on his mobile phone, "I'm outside Virgin, we're waiting for Robbie Williams!" Then the group behind me started up a chant of "Robbie, Robbie......", this quickly spread towards the front of the queue. When it died down, I decided to yell out "Robbie, show us yer tats!" Comedy timing..........perfect!

My highlight, though, has to be the Virgin employee who had worked her way down the queue, kindly informing us that Robbie Williams would not be appearing at the store. When she had worked her way over to us and said her piece, winking, I replied "Say no more!" and "Like it......like it!", whilst tapping my nose with my forefinger, in true Pyhon style. The geezer behind me even ventured in, "Yeah, nice one........I'll go with it!" He also told her that we were the official Robbie Williams fan club and that it had all been arranged a bit hush hush! To say she look slightly bemused would be a bit of an understatement!

Then at 3.07pm, a final round of applause and we departed. As I walked away, I thought the throng at the front of the shop, including the ra-ra girls who were promoting the forthcoming "Games" TV programme that is to be broadcast from Sheffield, were a bit slow to disperse. However, considering that they probably thought that it was for real, this was not really surprising! And when I walked past again, five minutes later, there was just the normal Saturday human traffic.

I would say that it was a definite success, we had a good laugh and so, it seemed, did the people around us. There was even a lass with a Robbie Williams t-shirt on..........quality!

Thank you to all who made it what it was.........

Until the next time..........

This is The Spacehopper, signing off............

Can't say fairer than spacehopper really. Bang on that comedy genius! I even mentioned to Tom in Bradway and TinaJones that if I knew they were planning a robbie stylee MOB i would have got some fancy dress and make up from the 'entertain you' track and had some real robbie fun!

Looking forward to the next MOB i must say!

I was right at the front of the queue too! It was great how everyone appeared from nowhere when the clock chimed and cheered. Think the amount of people joining/looking at the queue was amazing too. There must have been hundreds. I also saw a few reporters taking pictures of everyone and the 'screaming girls'. We also had to ring someone and tell them we were waiting for Robbie - I rang my mum in the queue and had to ring back later to explain that it was a flashmob... My dad's quote: 'what a load of twaddle'. Well I thought it was great!! Put a smile on my face. ..

Little bo peep x

The organizers should have brough some "We love Robbie" banners to make it look more real.

Then bang on 3.07pm as you leave you pass your banner to the nearest (non-mob, i.e. teenage girl) Robbie fan and see how embrassed they are holding it up when mob have gone.

Judging by the posts, quite a few members from the Sheffield Forum contributed to the mob.

And i'm glad to see some new members have joined... all in the spirit of the MOB!

Get in there!

I was tempted to speak to one of the press and mention the forum... but I didn't want them to think it was 'because' of the forum why people have turned up.

So I kept shtump!

I went to the weatherspoons but didnt "see" anyone

(apart from about 10guys in baseball caps)

yeah man it was bo! in the old monk with DB, richard and his gal , i really thought it would be us +10! was wicked tho, really good turn out.

ooh sheffield you make me proud,

Gutted - i forgot!!

sounds ace though - better start working on the next one fellas - well done!

f

yeah man! the mob was well funny! I was well apprehensive beforehand as I wasn't sure that anyone would turn up and that it would be **** or we'd do something crap. Fortunately my fears were not realised and it was VERY well attended, I reckon over 100 people, everyone looked like they were having a great time, and the activities were a lot of fun!8) .

I started off in wetherspoons, anyone else there? Did anyone see the bar manager tell the mob organiser bloke with the bucket hat to stop handing out the mob instructions? was well funny!:lol: He got chucked out and was giving the instructions out on the street afterwards!

Big up the organisers and everyone who came, roll on the next Sheff Mob!:lol::D:lol: