Gay marriage - what do you think?

Doe you approve of "gay marriage"?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Doe you approve of "gay marriage"?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know..

Originally posted by Lotti

And JBee, as for it being a disease and therefore going to hell, I've got Klippel Trenaunay Syndrome, which is a disease - didn't realise I was going to hell for it though. :(

Some people astound me.

Yep, please don't be astounded Lotti. What I origionally wrote was actually rather nice and unoffensive (I like to think ;) ) but that cheeky Preacher Man changed it round for kicks.

I didn't bother aruging with him, but I've been sitting here waiting for someone to take it seriously and give me an ear bashing! :(

My REAL post if on the previous page if you wanna take a look.

xx

Originally posted by kirky

i know i'd find rather confusing having done about the birds n the bees at school and realised i lived with 2 bees.

and i bet the poor sod got the **** ripped out of him at school.

No he did not get no gay related ripping from anyone at school.He is very proud of his dad and does not give a dam what people think of him or his dad.Yes at first i belive for him was a shock to find out his dad was bi 9 years ago when he lost his mum,but 7 years on now his dad been with his partner and he is proud to have his dad in his life.I also know two lesbian partners who have kids from last relationships and again they kids do not mind.Does also lesbian partners that brings up children to you make them confused to or is it just the male side as you just stated,or do you think it is ok for two feamle then two men to bring up a child in a same sex relationship.

Originally posted by JBee

Yep, please don't be astounded Lotti. What I origionally wrote was actually rather nice and unoffensive (I like to think ;) ) but that cheeky Preacher Man changed it round for kicks.

I didn't bother aruging with him, but I've been sitting here waiting for someone to take it seriously and give me an ear bashing! :(

My REAL post if on the previous page if you wanna take a look.

xx

Oops Sorry!

I couldn't read through all the pages but was quite shocked that you of all people would say that! LOL

Sorry about that - my fault! (and the idiot who edited it ;) )

Thanks Jbee for your kind comments regarding dignity :D You'll make me blush...

After returning from lunch, I see that there is still rife homophobia and mass stupidity around. I shall not attempt to challenge it however. I really can't be bothered.

With a bit of luck, the tackle of the offending posters in question will dry up and drop off!

I often say that criticism often says more about the critic than it does about the criticized. Go figure....

I refuse to bang my head continually against a brick wall with a small minority of people who posess all the common sense and intelligence of an Abyssinian guinea pig with learning disabilities.

'One man cannot change the world, but he can change the world for one man'

Live life for you and be true to yourself, that's all you can do...

In peace :)

And sorry to be a damp squib (what is a squib by the way?) but this post is about gay marriage - not parenting.

I think the gay parenting debate would be far more suited to a thread all of it's own?

:)

I dont believe in marriage full stop let alone gay marriage :thumbsup:

Originally posted by LordChaverly

Its because Fred Elliott of the Rovers is moderating your posts Lotti :hihi:

lol quite possibly! :hihi:

Originally posted by kirky

i know i'd find rather confusing having done about the birds n the bees at school and realised i lived with 2 bees.

and i bet the poor sod got the **** ripped out of him at school.

#

My 5 year old nephew would disagree with you. Somehow he's managed to grow up very proud of his two uncles (Probably because he has parents and teachers and peers who have never made any issue of it).

But hey, we can't all be as wise as a 5 year old, can we Kirky?

Why all the personal attacks on one individual?

Kirky has done nothing but honestly express a view that quite a lot of people share (but are too scared to admit). A lot of homophiles (did I just create a term? :)) attack people who don't like gays citing that they have a right to do/say what they want. This right is also shared by people who do not like/agree with the practice of gay people.

Personally, I do not have anything against people who are gay. I do, however, think that making the union legal was a step in the wrong direction. I am entitled to my opinion and do not appreciate people saying that those who share this view are less intelligent than those who don't [what a silly thing to say, sTaGeWaLkEr].

Originally posted by Deavon

But hey, we can't all be as wise as a 5 year old, can we Kirky?

Originally posted by stars_gazing

Why all the personal attacks on one individual?

I am entitled to my opinion and do not appreciate people saying that those who share this view are less intellegent than those who don't [what a silly thing to say, sTaGeWaLkEr].

...well you might not like it - but its still true through.

If you cant stop being a bigot perhaps you should just shut up and stop embarrising yourself.

It seems you can't read, Zenmaster. I just said that I am not intolerant to gay people; I just do not agree with Civil Partnerships. You claim that I should not embarrass myself (and yet you cannot spell the word :hihi: ) and yet brazenly insult somebody you do not know.

Originally posted by Zenmaster

...well you might not like it - but its still true through.

If you cant stop being a bigot perhaps you should just shut up and stop embarrising yourself.