Gay marriage - what do you think?

Doe you approve of "gay marriage"?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Doe you approve of "gay marriage"?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know..

Originally posted by Lea1979

Years ago this kind of uproar would have been caused by a black person marrying a white person (it probably still does to some people - but they'll soon die off ;) )

but they are male and female.......totally different

There not doing it today cus Elton John is - it's the first day in England in which you can and some couples have been wanting to do this for years. Scotland was yesterday and NI was Monday (I think).

You can still call it a marriage as it gives exactly the same rights as hetro couples.

And let people live and let live. I cannot believe that some people are against this in this day and age? Get out of the 1800's. You know it also legal for lesbians to get married. I bet those 'big macho-men' that are against it don't mind the fact of two girls going at it? What if one of your children grew up to be gay? Would you dis-own them?

Stop being so homophobic some of you, like sTaGeWaLkEr etc said already :rolleyes:

There was a guy on the news who was whinging because he was in a group of people he felt had been left out. He was saying a same sex couple can "get married" and enjoy certain legal privelages as could a different sex couple. But he was complaining that they were a different sex couple who weren't married and didn't get these legal privelages.

Why don't thet get bloody married then! It doesn't have to be an expensive affair in a church afterall. Sign a piece of paper in a registry office. Idiot.

Oh and here's my best wishes to all the same sex civil partnerships!

'You know, I don't mind homophobic people, as long as they keep their thoughts to themselves'

Anon.

Isn't all this anti-gay, anti-gay rights stuff just a tad pathetic?

To the guys writing complete and total homophobic ******** : Things would soon be viewed differently by you if you were gay.........not that I'm soliciting applications for one moment.......we wouldn't accept you with that shirt anyway! ;)

In relation to my sexuality, I'm just proud to have the acceptance of my family and friends. People who love me for the special person that I am, and believe that I should be treated the same as everyone else in society!

So, straight guys with attitude, get over yourselves. It's almost 2006 now, get with the program!

Go and kill a wild boar with your bare hands for tea or something!

In peace

I realy don't see what the problems is, their not hurting anyone, their not taking your precious tax money, they can't cash-in on family credit, infact the only people it affects is them.

A marriage is a religious ceremony, this isn't, the rules say the ceremony can't have any religious content, so it can't be a marriage.

Straight people can, and do, have civil services every day, so i don't know what they are complaining about.

Originally posted by PINGU

If you don't like it, don't do it. Simple as that.

But... but... butt ;)

Kirky said he loved me and wanted us to get married.

Have you changed your mind now Kirky lad.

No more staples discounts for you :P

Originally posted by sTaGeWaLkEr

Isn't all this anti-gay, anti-gay rights stuff just a tad pathetic?

I am not in any way "anti-gay" and I see no reason why gay couples shouldn't have rights to each others property and pensions etc. I would never discriminate against anyone because they are gay. I run a business with my brother and his same sex partner.

Having said all that, I just think this was the wrong way of going about it.

Originally posted by KenH

I am not in any way "anti-gay" and I see no reason why gay couples shouldn't have rights to each others property and pensions etc. I would never discriminate against anyone because they are gay. I run a business with my brother and his same sex partner.

Having said all that, I just think this was the wrong way of going about it.

Imagine for a few minutes that you were gay, and with a long term partner. Then re-read the postings.

Come back to me!

Originally posted by kirky

but they are male and female.......totally different

I'm talking about prejudices and people's ignorance and intolerance that changes over the years as society moves forward.

One day people will be allowed to marry/ be joined in civil partnership with their pets and then we can all be upset about that ;)

Originally posted by sTaGeWaLkEr

So, straight guys with attitude, get over yourselves. It's almost 2006 now, get with the program!

Go and kill a wild boar with your bare hands for tea or something!

I dont mind if gays get married, it doesnt effect me so why should i care?

But i think you will find more gay guys have attitude than straight guys!! And what are you on about a wild boar for?? thats a worse stereotype than me saying you wear frilly pink shirts and get bummed in toilets!

Your as bad as the homphobes :loopy:

Originally posted by Lea1979

I'm talking about prejudices and people's ignorance and intolerance that changes over the years as society moves forward.

One day people will be allowed to marry/ be joined in civil partnership with their pets and then we can all be upset about that ;)

There was a woman marrying her dog on t.v the other week. Think somebody else married a horse, so things are already movin in that direction.

Do they have the same second name ? If so who?