Oldest person asked for ID

My colleague was asked for ID this lunchtime when purchasing rolling tobacco, she is 26 years old! I too am 26 years old but haven't been asked for ID when purchasing alcohol since I was 18. Feeling a little wrinkled around the edges, I was wondering, are there any forummers older than my friend who have been ID'd in the same situation?

I'm sure there are. I know the shop assistants are only doing their job, but I bet there will be a few examples of OTT IDing.

So, come on, are there any grannies out there leaving the co-op empty handed after being asked for ID?!

my friend was ID-ed at 19, buying a 12-certificate friends DVD. She's 23 now and still gets half fare on the train. babyfaced cheapskate!

I was asked for ID in Marks and Spencer last year when buying wine. I was 34 - it made my day!

I have been asked for ID twice in the last couple of weeks. One of which was in Lloyds in town and because i didn't have any ID they refused to serve me. I am 24

Its usually the old checkout staff who ask for ID. You know, the kind old enough to be your great grandparents.

I was at O'Hare airport, Chicago and whilst sat at the bar I observed a gentleman who must have been over 60 get asked for his ID when ordered a beer. Admittedly, there was a sign behind the bar stating they request everyone's ID, but still.

I was challenged when buying fags some years ago (I was also 26 at the time). The irony is I regularly bought tins of beer there! The look on her face was a picture... "Do you mind confirming your age?" "Not at all love, I'm 26!"

My father is 56 and was asked for ID in Morrisons, Hillsborough. He was doing his weekly shop and had a case of beer as part of it. He just left all the stuff on the counter and walked out, never to return.

My father is 56 and was asked for ID in Morrisons, Hillsborough. He was doing his weekly shop and had a case of beer as part of it. He just left all the stuff on the counter and walked out, never to return.

Maybe the checkout assistant just fancied him :D

Maybe the checkout assistant just fancied him :D

Maybe! I'll have to keep an eye on my lothario father.

My sister was asked for ID by a doorman she recognised as an ex classmate of her son.

I am often asked for ID - people just cannot believe I am not Brad Pitt. I keep telling them but they can't accept it.