Random acts of kindness

This morning at 06:40 ALL the traffic lights were out on the Parkway roundabout.

As we were going round & heading for our motorway entry there was a steady stream of traffic coming off the motorway, from Sheffield.

Allthough we had right-of-way, the missus (driving) slowed to allow the last straggler car off the slip road & onto the roundabout.

Ahhhh, a tiny random act of polite kindness that cost less than 2 seconds.

It was the 2-hat in the car behind us peeping his hooter that nearly received a random act of violence from yours truly.

To Richard Head & family in posh white car; message: **** * ***** * *** *** * *** ***** * and die. :rant::o:D

Originally posted by StarSparkle

I think this is a lovely thread - it's good to hear about the nice things in the world for a change.

Thanks Starsparkle! Really liked your story about the bus ticket too, bless the nice old lady!! I do think it's so important, not only to do good things for people, but also to hear about the beautiful things that happen- it helps to counterbalance the prevelant view of the world as basically a hostile place, which we'd be forgiven for thinking from watching the news and fear-stirring programmes, oh and driving in traffic every day, Don ;)

I still want to try out giving a flower to a stranger. I'll keep you posted!!

JfG xx

Not quite a RAK, but yesterday morning I popped out to pick the newspapers up from South Road in Walkley.

The place was full of street cleaning fellows, picking up the detritus of Saturday night.

I decided to thank the closest one as I passed - it was well worth the effort. We had a few minutes chat and he was clearly delighted that their efforts were acknowledged.

I think I'll make that a regular thing n future - thanking folks for a job well done.

Joe

Originally posted by JoyfulGrrl

I still want to try out giving a flower to a stranger. I'll keep you posted!!

Giving flowers to strangers eh?

Sounds like a lovely idea, I'd love to do that too.

Originally posted by JoePritchard

Not quite a RAK, but yesterday morning I popped out to pick the newspapers up from South Road in Walkley.

The place was full of street cleaning fellows, picking up the detritus of Saturday night.

I decided to thank the closest one as I passed - it was well worth the effort. We had a few minutes chat and he was clearly delighted that their efforts were acknowledged.

I think I'll make that a regular thing n future - thanking folks for a job well done.

Joe

I think what you did is definately a RAK! IMO it's all about who the person on the receiving end of the act feels about it. I'm sure his job is normally quite a thankless task, I bet you made his day!

I think this is a great idea.... If memory serves me right Dave Gorman suggested something llike this as a joke in one of his books. and next thing he knew there were websites, membership groups etc springing up all over the world.....

Anyway...I don;t think I have the confidence to flowers or something similar out to strangers but.... I always offer my unused car parking tickets if I can.

Recently I was on the receiving end of a R.A.K. on virgin trains.

I had no money on me and the cashpoint machines at sheffield station were out of order so I couldn;t get a drink....

On the train I asked the buffet car person if I could pay by switch, but their machine had gone down also. Nevermind I said, I'll wait until I get to Leeds. About 5 mins later he arrived at my seat with a free cup of tea!!!!

Excellent customer service! and a lovely R.A.K

There was a meet of the sheffield karma army in the frog and parrott aaaaages ago.

Anyway, be sure there are many people in Sheffield, and each and every Friday they all carry out a random act of kindness :)

Danny is our Leader.

Hurray for a free cup of tea!

And Joe, I think that was a lovely thing to do.

Jamie - are you up for doing the flower to stranger thing? We could set a deadline and then share the story!!! OK, I'm in town next Saturday - will do it then and let you know . . .

Thud! <sound of gauntlet being thrown down>

JfG x

Hurray for a free cup of tea!

And Joe, I think that was a lovely thing to do.

Jamie - are you up for doing the flower to stranger thing? We could set a deadline and then share the story!!! OK, I'm in town next Saturday - will do it then and let you know . . .

Thud! <sound of gauntlet being thrown down>

JfG x

You're on!!!

FREE FLOWERS FOR ALL!!!

I'll do mind on Saturday too. I'll be in town (although I may be cunningly disguised as a rabbit) giving out free flowers to one and all.

I wonder if any legal boffins know if there is a law against being kind or randomly bestowing gifts upon strangers!?

Also, where's a good place to hire fancy dress!?

Originally posted by Jamie

You're on!!!

FREE FLOWERS FOR ALL!!!

I'll do mind on Saturday too. I'll be in town (although I may be cunningly disguised as a rabbit) giving out free flowers to one and all.

Fantastic! But, erm - a rabbit?!?!?!

I'll look out for you . . .!!!

JfG

- a rabbit?!?!?!

Yeah ... I was thinking of giving out chocolate eggs too ...

Don't remember reading an update on this.

How did you get on!!!!!!!!!!!