How many Expats would move back to Sheffield

[quote=rogG;3602046

How about where I live? A great spot once the summers kick in.

Beautiful scenery in Canada rogG, we have just had relatives here that live on Vancouver Island, I can't believe the winter temps that you get there.

We live in a rural area, but only 10 mins from Shellharbour & Kiama, Wollongong is 20 mins away.

This is the view from our front yard, a lot different to the terraced houses I lived in, in Sheffield.

100_1012.jpg

Wow. Beautiful, skippy. When I first moved to Canada I lived in Vancouver and travelled often to V. Island. We had even intended to retire out there but having moved to PEI 11 years ago we like it better here. Quieter pace of life, more rural, also much lower cost of living, especially real estate. A number of folk are moving from Vancouver area to retire here because they can sell their expensive homes, buy a home here at a fraction of the price and have money in pocket. We just don't get the mild winters that they get out Vancouver way but then we don't get as much rain either. Enjoy your life down under. One of these days I'd like to visit Aussie land.

Replying to Dippydore: I would have thought Sheffield has managed to keep up with many new architectural changes ...after viewing my 2008 calendar and some photos my hubby brought home to Sydney in 2006. Advertised in the right publications and used as a convention centre for business the city should thrive. As much as I become disgruntled with Sheffield I wouldn't call it a backwater. Unfortunately I'm told they have removed the airport; definitely not conducive to tourism. Although this has not stopped the family and friends from travelling all over Europe for their holidays.

I am happy to stay in Sydney, with the most beautiful harbour in the world, home to many cosmopolitan civilisations, even though the city is becoming an expanding concrete jungle the community enjoys its' multinationalness. Possibly the word missing from Sheffield is "sophistication". If it's sophistication one is looking for Sheffield misses out. London wins every time. There is Chatsworth House, but that's in Derbyshire.

[quote=sydneygirl;

I am happy to stay in Sydney, with the most beautiful harbour in the world,

Is this the one ?

BestViewofSydney.jpg

I have lived in leicester for the last 28yrs, sheffield is just 55mins up the M1. I visit my parents and yes sheffield has changed,and to what i can see is for the better. But i was brought up surrounded by steel firms and foundries (carbrook),Hammers goin g all night long. NO THANKS enoughs enough ..

Skippy,I really don't think it's BETTER or more heavenly.Each person has there own personnel "Heaven".I've been to Australia and found it parochial dust bowl,it's certainly not my idea of heaven!

It's a bit condescending to say that one lives in a better place than others,All depends on your personal lifestyle,friends,family and what you want from life.

No offense!

p.s.In my opinion CapeTown is the most beautiful harbour.

well show us a picture

Skippy,I really don't think it's BETTER or more heavenly.Each person has there own personnel "Heaven".

nyala, I was sharing my own personal opinion, not that of others, when I look at this PetreSt.jpg

to where I live now, there is no comparison, I'm in heaven.

Skippy and rogG

Thanks for those great pics they say it all. that one of Sheff Skippy I think I have one very much like it. get no argument from me which is more like heaven. I will have to try and put some pics of Lake Macquarie where I live

Veraa

[Thanks for the pic Hillsboro,]

It's not a natural harbour like Sydney is it nyala ? it's more a working port like Port Botany, although the countryside is nice.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, chalk & cheese comes to mind.