Its still not too late to sign the "Save Tinsley Cooling Towers" petition!!!

Since one of the towers now has a large crack in it they're dooooooomed, dooooooomed I tell ya.

Why are people still trying to challenge this?

The decision has been made, they're going.

They are structurally unsound.

They prevent any chance of a new wider bridge being built for the motorway in the future.

put windows in them and call them apartments!

Good grief!! all of the tree huggers who live up the South West of Sheffield are welcome to them.

I believe the figure to make them safe if they are saved is around £500,000 pounds.

If you live in the shadow of these repressive carbuncles (like I do) then £500,000 quid can go along way to improving local amenities.

Just to put the record straight there's been a number of cooling towers both on that site and in the vicinity, they've been pulled down, replaced and then pulled down again, its not as though the present cooling towers, historically are the original ones on that site.

There's lots more of Sheffield's industrial heritage in need of saving than cooling towers which belonged to a power station which was pulled down over thirty years ago. In fact EON want suing for not pulling them down earlier.

I'm sick of the people who say "you know you're home when you see them" well lets transport them up to Ecclesall Road South then you'll know that you're home when you see them.

The next things which need pulling down are the Gas Tanks at Wincobank, no doubt they'll be people wanting to save these as well.

Does anyone want to start a petition to pull them down? as I'll be the first to sign.

I think this is a poor petition. I want them to stay and be converted into something stunning, not just kept and the petition should say more about that.

I also note that they will be replaced by an eco-power station. I love the idea that any old rubbish can have "eco" put on the front and becomes a good idea. In this case it will be a nasty eyesore which will burn young trees and associated rubbish.

If you want to see these 'landmarks' retained then I think you're too late.

Im sad to see them go, but going they are..............

Tough!

put windows in them and call them apartments!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I think this is a poor petition. I want them to stay and be converted into something stunning, not just kept and the petition should say more about that.

I also note that they will be replaced by an eco-power station. I love the idea that any old rubbish can have "eco" put on the front and becomes a good idea. In this case it will be a nasty eyesore which will burn young trees and associated rubbish.

They are stunning, stunningly the worst things in the North East of Sheffield.

Are your glasses rose tinted by any chance?

they are a eyesore! why an earth would anyone want to save them?

Sooner they are knocked to the ground the better

GET EM DOWN !!!!!!!!!!:love::loopy::)

I say KEEP EM!!!!!

The viaduct will NEVER be the same.

I travel more or less, every day, up and down the M1. They are a symbol of Sheffield, and what it stood for, industry.

It'll be interesting as to what, if anything, they can put in their place.

What's that old saying? "You dont know what you've got 'til it's gone"?