Toyota Yaris fuse/dashboard lights problem

I was changing the battery on my Yaris and accidently connected it to the wrong terminals which caused a few fuses to blow. I have now changed these but there still seems to be a problem with some of the electrics. The dashboard lights (mph, petrol, miles etc) dont work, as well as the heater and windows.

The front headlights work and the car starts so I cant understand what could be causing the problem. Do I need to re-check the fuses to make sure I've not missed one out or could it be another problem? Thanks in advance

Hello,

i'm having exact same problem from the exact same reason. The dashboard lights are out, radio doesn't work, windows won't open, no stop signals or turn signals works. Please, could you tell me what was wrong with your car and how did you fixed it? Is this is expensive problem?

Because I can't find anything on the internet and since it's saturday no service works at this time so i have no idea how to get my car alive :/

Thank you and i'll be waiting fr your reply.

If you have connect the battery up wrong you could have shorted out the ECU, we had a trainee mechanic do this at Carcraft. the customer wasnt happy and didnt end up buying the car :D

Its the fuse in the battery lead box.

I recently bought a new battery for my daughters Yaris and was given one which had the terminals the wrong way round for it to be physically connected to the existing wiring without major rewiring. The supplier said it was the correct battery but if I had been unaware of what I was doing I too would have had the same problem and possibly even worse to the cost of several hundred pounds if the ECU or alternator had been damaged. There does seem to be a fusible link in the battery lead so I hope this is your only problem.

I don't think it's imagination or bright sunlight, but I reckon the lighting in that recessed instrument panel of my 04 Yaris is getting dimmer....... that's lighting for the total display not just individual warning lights.......

Access seems complicated to say the least ! Any ideas how this can be checked or rectified ?