Best Xbox 360 Games

Simply the best shooter of all time is call of duty4 it is fast furious and life like both the online and offline game modes are very intense and will have even the most hardened gamer on the edge of their seats.

[/color]

I have it on the PC. It is perfect. So much fun.

cod4>gears of war>halo3.

Gears and halo are good for coop on a single console though.

Mass Effect

COD 4

PGR 3/4 (not sure if it's still the case but argos were selling pgr 4 for £15 - bargain!)

Forza 2

Gears of War

Halo 3

Rainbow Six Vegas

Test Drive Unlimited

Apart from those; Bioshock is worth renting for a play through (very little replay value other than achievements so it's not worth buying). Crackdown is OK if you like open ended games and can look past the graphics, COD2 can be picked up used for about £6(ish) and is a very good single player experience, Blue Dragon is OK if you like quirky JRPGs.

Cheapest place to buy them: Online for new games (play, amazon, etc. check out http://www.hotukdeals.com/ and http://www.google.co.uk/products). Second hand: Cex in town (Game and Blockbuster also do second hand games but the pricing is just weird, games often cost more second hand than new???).

Blue Dragon is crap. I only had to play the demo to know that.

Turn based fighting is annoying IMO, give me the ability to kick 7 shades of brown stuff out of my opponent in real time and I'm happy.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Bioshock yet. It's the most intelligent and atmospheric first person shooter that I have ever played on any system. The storyline is well paced, there are many ways to deal with the enemies that you face - you can electrocute them if they are standing in water, set fire to pools of oil and if all else fails stun them and hit them with a wrench. The graphics, particularly the water and fire effects are stunning, and the sound is very creepy in places.

Heres a few good games i personally like:

Frontlines: Fuel of War - good FPS not tried online yet

Army of Two - Especially good

Call of Duty 4 - can play online for aslong as you want, or get caught up in the good and long Campaign

Guitar Hero II - Good for a laugh on your own or with friends

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Good with friends and on your own, play co-op or Vs online with friends and lots of downloadable songs

Mass Effect - Great storyline and playable for hours

Assasin's Creed - addictive and very good if you are into that type of game

just a few of my faves :D

cod4,army of 2,dark sector,sega superstar tennis and my fav driving game need for speed most wanted.stay away from rainbow 6 vegas 2 load of rubbish and a waste of money!!!

Bully is very good. Also Condemned (Condemned 2 is out next week),Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary and Assassin's Creed.

Games I haven't played (or have only looked at briefly) but have been recommended to me: Half Life 2 (the Orange Box one), Bioshock, The Darkness, Halo3, Gears of War (what ever the latest version is).

ETA: I buy the games from Amazon or Play. Tomb Raider Anniversary was particularly inexpensive the other week - about £14 or so from Play.

...Oblivion - The 4th part of the Elder Scrolls story. Hated Morrowind, the 3rd part, as you could only play the game if you didn't have a social life. It was way too hard and fiddly. Gladly they've sorted it out on this and, having only played it for a few hours, I'm enjoying it already. Much more thought has been given to the casual gamer without losing any of the geekiness needed to keep the D&D generation amused. Good game up to now...

Thanks for that. I'm just having a look at it now on the Game website, together with the Shivering Isles expansion pack. I was thinking of ordering Viking: Battle for Asgard too, though I think it might be a little too 'whack the enemy with a bloody great sword' repetitive for me.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your reviews :) .

All the games mentioned above are tops, BIOSHOCK is by far the best release to hit the 360 so far in my opinion. COD 4 is a great game, but BIOSHOCK really does have to be seen to be believed. Download the demo and gawp in awe :)

Agreed with above - BioShock is awesome as a single player shooter game.

However, be aware there is no multiplayer in BioShock if that would be an issue.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is my fav at the moment, even though the first impressions wern't good. It's totally got me hooked!

Lost Odyssey is on of the best RPG's I've played and is massive!

PGR4 is a fantastic racing game online and offline.

Call Of Duty 4 is simply a stunning game although I don't like the inclusion of infinite enemies until you 'trigger' them to stop. This doesn't spoil the game at all though.

Burnout Paradise is amazing online and offline, there's some great fun to be had in it!

Just some of the games I'm hooked on right now.

Guitar hero 3, I`m addicted, you just can`t put it down!