Rotherham Nightlife Got Better

Originally posted by sheffbag

Dimitry, i know who you are, full respect to you mate, i was Friday night resident at New York New York (main room) from 99-02 and had to play cheese to reflect an opposite to Reflex boys in the back room.

Used to come in Bar 1 before started work, quality tuneage. i'm back in Rotherham now at Cafe de paris on a Friday playing..... yes you've guessed it party and cheese!

We are closing down though soon for a refit and when re-opens i am really going to push for a funky house night as Rotherham is real need of one

Thanks for that mate.

PM me if you fancy coming down to Hustle on saturday. Its our first Classic House night and a lot of the fantastic tracks from that period will get dusted down and played again.

D

Im either at Milano this weekend or Hillsbrough on a private im not sure yet, chris is on holiday so they want me to cover him

Underground i started there 4 weeks ago so if you pop in come up and say hi.

Damn - Classic house is what is needed - now that is my scene and era, play us yeke yeke for me! failing that Phase II - reachin.

Or if you subscribe to mastermix get issue 227 and check out the old school house mix on it - may spot a name on it heh heh

Have a word with mr underground 1 and introduce him to reality mate.

D

had a smartarse ("trendy shirt and drink brigade) come up on friday saying "do you know what year it is mate"

Explained to him that management want cheese and party to contrast milano and have the two venues as seperate identities.

"bit dire then innit"

10 minutes later he was dancing on the top bit near the toilets to Jackie Wilson.

prat

Thats why its closed, they closed it soon after Liquid opened in order to revamp it.

Cafe de Paris is closing for a facelift and will re-open as "studio" around november, hopefully i can persuade them to let me do a funky house (NOT speed garage) night combining us/uk house with club classics.

I know the dj at M Zeppa but i doint know what he plays. At cafe de they are deliberately going down the cheese party front to make milano different to it, thats why i was brought in.

Originally posted by willuk_2k

Funnily enough I was in Cafe de Paris last Friday for the first time in two years...........man are there loads of birds in there, not many nice ones :gag:

Any ideas if Beach is staying in its original theme?

No beach is not keeping its theme...its gunna be a club & bar. I heared it was going to be called ''Blue Bamboo''

Were you upstairs when the drunken "lady" decided she was going to walk around topless and put on a fake lesbian show with her friend?, man that was grim

No....lol....bet it was funny, I think next place to shut down will be envy, you dont seem to see many people going down there.

grim would not describe it, she was nice but totally off her head, dread to think what happened to her at end of night.

Likei say next time you are in on a friday pop and say hello

did she have a orange cross over style top and a split skirt??

thats was her - she kept pulling top apart upstairs

Anyone going to the speed garage night at Escape monday night (1st august) ?

Cafe de paris closes down for refit and renaming this Saturday so its my final Friday this week, pop in and say hi