Page Hall Shops - History

My auntie and uncle owned one of the shops in page hall in the sixties, it was on the bend close to the crossing all I can remember is it sold cheese and had one of those big cheese wire units. Sold bread and can remember potted meat as well. It was called "Balls", was either next door or the one after to Siddalls. My mum used to work there part time and I spent most of my school holidays there. Used to hang around with LLoyd Siddall when down there, think I can remember he was a bit of a good swimmer (medals and all)

I remember this shop and also the siddalls, lloyd was a good swimmer i think he had a sister as well

YES! THEY ALWAYS GOT WANTED Barry was the older brother quiet bloke martin had a kawasaki z1000 rest on us had to make do with rd250s:hihi:

wonder what happened to them when popes shut up????

Saw martin a while back, he buys and sells damaged repairable cars out at killarmarsh, young sooty works or him. Not seen barry for years

was it spinks that used to sell ready made pastry.fantastic pies and pork dripping with thick jelly in it . proper grub.

OOOH that were on spinks corner near Firth park hotel had a shop on moss st as well near grimesthorpe school very nice:love:

OOOH that were on spinks corner near Firth park hotel had a shop on moss st as well near grimesthorpe school very nice:love:

can't recall that pigeon,remember mrs button had bakery and before that it was pixleys?

In the 40s and 50s there was a branch of Banners Dept store at Page Hall. We used to walk from Bellhouse Road down Windmill Lane and Hinde House Lane to go shopping down there as a change from Firth Park.

I was back in Sheffield December last. Took a walk down Page Hall shops, it's bloody different now!

I was back in Sheffield December last. Took a walk down Page Hall shops, it's bloody different now!

Dont know if this has been done before, but can anyone name the page hall shops, starting at the bottom of little bolsover?

1st couple of pages of this thread has some on

Dont know if this has been done before, but can anyone name the page hall shops, starting at the bottom of little bolsover?

WESTONS CHEMIST DAVYS JACK ASHER SALLY ANNE BILL BEEVERS SIDDALLS BUTCHERS? BANK KRAYMERS UNDERWOODS BETTING SHOP BUYWISE WALLPAPER SHOP MAXTEDS .... WASHHOUSE:huh:

Oh my god!! This is like re-living my childhood. Only just found this forum -Born on Firth park Road in 1960 - but nearer to the Page Hall end so the shops there were our local shops. The corner chemist - before that, when I was very young - remember buying bread there. I remember Bill Beever's and Siddalls - occasionally used to get ham salad butties as a treat - had worms in the lettuce one day so didn't go in again. Was a Saturday girl at Underwoods newsagents for a while - when I was about 14 - worked with Veronica. Can't remember her last name. She lived on Idsworth Road, just opposite the club - used to babysit for her. Anyone remember her? I remember Buywise (shopping list always began "two tins of beans; two tins of peas ......................"), and Maxted's!! Used to get spuds - served by a small lady with dyed orange red hair and glasses - bit of a stoop..... and the launderette - when mum's washer packed in or she'd had enough used to go in there with my big sister Kay Coleman. Used to love Patnick's junk shop - bought books and all sorts there. Used to go to Hucklow Road - anyone else go there - from about '64 to '71? Mr Bradley was the headmaster - we had a brilliant orchestra. I used to play the double bass 'cos I was taller than everyone else. My older brother Peter still lives in the house we were born in - but yes, when i go back - nothing is the same. But then - I'm not either.... oh, and the boating lake - used to go 'swimming' in there when i was really young - oh the memories come flooding back - it was quite a nice place to live then - been in North Wales now longer than i lived in Sheffield but I'll always be a Yorkshire girl ..................

oh my god!! This is like re-living my childhood. Only just found this forum -born on firth park road in 1960 - but nearer to the page hall end so the shops there were our local shops. The corner chemist - before that, when i was very young - remember buying bread there. I remember bill beever's and siddalls - occasionally used to get ham salad butties as a treat - had worms in the lettuce one day so didn't go in again. Was a saturday girl at underwoods newsagents for a while - when i was about 14 - worked with veronica. Can't remember her last name. She lived on idsworth road, just opposite the club - used to babysit for her. Anyone remember her? I remember buywise (shopping list always began "two tins of beans; two tins of peas ......................"), and maxted's!! Used to get spuds - served by a small lady with dyed orange red hair and glasses - bit of a stoop..... And the launderette - when mum's washer packed in or she'd had enough used to go in there with my big sister kay coleman. Used to love patnick's junk shop - bought books and all sorts there. Used to go to hucklow road - anyone else go there - from about '64 to '71? Mr bradley was the headmaster - we had a brilliant orchestra. I used to play the double bass 'cos i was taller than everyone else. My older brother peter still lives in the house we were born in - but yes, when i go back - nothing is the same. But then - i'm not either.... Oh, and the boating lake - used to go 'swimming' in there when i was really young - oh the memories come flooding back - it was quite a nice place to live then - been in north wales now longer than i lived in sheffield but i'll always be a yorkshire girl ..................

kay went missing for years can remember when she turned up all neighbours were out..

Er - yes - sorry - getting late - not sure what you mean by all the neighbours were out ................... am I missing something?