Page Hall Shops - History

I bought a brand new bike from there. I can't remember the year but I'm fairly sure it was P reg (at the end). It was a Honda CB250. If my memory serves me well, it cost £539. He threw me in a pair of L plates for free:D.

I once bought a salad sandwich from there, took it back to my flat above the corner shop (shop on the corner of little Bolsover, as we called it, and Firth Park Road) only to find a massive, furry caterpillar crawling amongst the lettuce :gag:

I always have to check the sandwiches I buy now, it scarred my memory for life

Hi Kidneystone,

Your P reg Honda CB250 would be 1976, coincidentally I have a 1976 P reg Morris Marina 1800HL auto. which of course will be 40 years old next year.

My old pal who lived on Ellerton Road traded his James Cadet 150 in for a Vespa from there in 1962 and later a Honda 50 around 1976.

Regards, Peter.

Hi Kidneystone,

Your P reg Honda CB250 would be 1976, coincidentally I have a 1976 P reg Morris Marina 1800HL auto. which of course will be 40 years old next year.

My old pal who lived on Ellerton Road traded his James Cadet 150 in for a Vespa from there in 1962 and later a Honda 50 around 1976.

Regards, Peter.

Hiya Peter. I had two friends who lived on Ellerton Road, Keith Webster (number 8 ) and Peter Shepherd (number 7)

I bought a brand new bike from there. I can't remember the year but I'm fairly sure it was P reg (at the end). It was a Honda CB250. If my memory serves me well, it cost £539. He threw me in a pair of L plates for free:D.

I once bought a salad sandwich from there, took it back to my flat above the corner shop (shop on the corner of little Bolsover, as we called it, and Firth Park Road) only to find a massive, furry caterpillar crawling amongst the lettuce :gag:

I always have to check the sandwiches I buy now, it scarred my memory for life

I lived next door above Davy the bakers our entry was on little bolsover as it were known then!

I lived next door above Davy the bakers our entry was on little bolsover as it were known then!

Yes the entry to my flat was on little Bolsover

Hiya Peter. I had two friends who lived on Ellerton Road, Keith Webster (number 8 ) and Peter Shepherd (number 7)

Hi kidneystone,

My old pal who bought the bikes from Bill Beevers' shop at Page Hall lived at 57 Ellerton Road. His name was Ron Skinner and we worked together at Firth Browns in 1959. Always kept in touch and sadly he died at the end of 2013.

Peter.

Edited by PeterR

Thank you all for your responses to my thread.

I still remember Page Hall fondly but the Page Hall I knew was between 1960 and 1980. It didn't seem to change that much in the 60's and 70's but it is a bit different now!

Thank you all for your responses to my thread.

I still remember Page Hall fondly but the Page Hall I knew was between 1960 and 1980. It didn't seem to change that much in the 60's and 70's but it is a bit different now!

Yes my friend its different nowadays I only have good memories as well Had a good 20+ years down there !

Yes my friend its different nowadays I only have good memories as well Had a good 20+ years down there !

So did I in a way.

Although the World wasn't perfect back then I feel it was better than it is now. Maybe that's me just getting old, eh? Or nuts! :D

So did I in a way.

Although the World wasn't perfect back then I feel it was better than it is now. Maybe that's me just getting old, eh? Or nuts! :D

No pal your correct in your assumptions it was better as a 7 year old I walked to popple street chippy at night and did not see a soul completey safe !

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6174319590750288545

Hiya Anyone, Enclose picture of Firth Park Workingmen's Club, when i use

to go in the club on Sat/Sun in the 60s they use to sell Pie /Peas, does that still happen

today and do they have many members these days.

Edited by brian1941
wording

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6174319590750288545

Hiya Anyone, Enclose picture of Firth Park Workingmen's Club, when i use

to go in the club on Sat/Sun in the 60s they use to sell Pie /Peas, does that still happen

today and do they have many members these days.

Not bin in for years bet they sell a lot more these days Stan was stuard in my day best landlord ever no more fantastic bloke if you wanted it Stan got it for you !