Page Hall Shops - History

How's life on shops these days not been down for a while ...

---------- Post added 21-12-2015 at 23:23 ----------

Just drove through nothings changed hoards outside betting shop parked on zebra crossing litter all over a right state nowadays ...

-------

Some of them faces at page hall i saw on itv4 on thursday night,

was very intresting prog. :hihi::hihi:

-------

Some of them faces at page hall i saw on itv4 on thursday night,

was very intresting prog. :hihi::hihi:

There's been a few TV stars from different parts of Sheffield. Page Hall gave us CCTV stars! :hihi:

gfgdfgdfgdfggc

Edited by EdmundH

I can remember McGregger's, they had just about everything...

Or was that in Fir Vale? Really can't remember... Great shop anyway:)

McGregger's was indeed at Page Hall. THIS was it.

I can remember McGregger's, they had just about everything...

Or was that in Fir Vale? Really can't remember... Great shop anyway:)

Opposite my old flat corner of Idsworth rd it was owned by Mr and Mrs Cave in the 70" s

Opposite my old flat corner of Idsworth rd it was owned by Mr and Mrs Cave in the 70" s

I remember this shop well as I lived at 4 Idsworth road which was the first house.If I remember correctly the guy who owned it was called Stan and they had a son who used to knock about with us playing football in the working mens club carpark.

I remember this shop well as I lived at 4 Idsworth road which was the first house.If I remember correctly the guy who owned it was called Stan and they had a son who used to knock about with us playing football in the working mens club carpark.

John Cave can you remember Gary Berry aka Yankee and Winston Robinson they were from that area ?

Edited by bantycock
I x

John Cave can you remember Gary Berry aka Yankee and Winston Robinson they were from that area ?

Garry Berry is my brother.The yankee you refer to was Keith who was a half brother to me.Yes I remember Winston.My name is Paul Berry.Good old times but how the place has gone down the pan.

gfdgdfgdfgdfg

Edited by EdmundH

The place has gone down the pan...! Do you mean Page Hall in general? I have to ask 'cos I havn't been there for years, even decades...:(

I was back there about 6 yrs ago and I could have cried as the place has become like a shanty town.Most of the shops are now foreign owned.Not a place I would want to go back and live.Still I have my memories.Page Hall will always be with me.

I was back there about 6 yrs ago and I could have cried as the place has become like a shanty town.Most of the shops are now foreign owned.Not a place I would want to go back and live.Still I have my memories.Page Hall will always be with me.

My sentiments exactly I lived above the bakery davys we knocked about together as young uns but went seperate ways as we become teenagers can remember playing at back of bingo and apple scromping good old days was a great place to live in 70" s lol :hihi:

My sentiments exactly I lived above the bakery davys we knocked about together as young uns but went seperate ways as we become teenagers can remember playing at back of bingo and apple scromping good old days was a great place to live in 70" s lol :hihi:

Hi Bantycock

Yes they were good old days.What is your name?I now live in Essex which is where my work took me nice place right by the sea.Garry & Keith live in Ontario,Canada and I still visit them.Struggling to remember names from way back but do remember Winston and a girl called Lesley Lawton (I think) who lived on Idsworth Road.