Jamie Oliver is doing a cookery programme in a house on Longley Crescent

Guest Mod_Man

Whilst I'm not a fan of Jamie Oliver, he has done good things to school dinners, he got the government to invest a further £280 million in to the pot, that can't be a bad thing, can it? Though even after this boost school dinners are only 50p for primaries and 60p for secondaries per meal. I also don't remember him singling out Northerners, I think it was the education system he directed the problem at, it just happens a few hysterical women from Rotherham didn't agree to their kids getting a healthy option at school.

I second what NEKRO's said , ive been at school picking my son up so not been able to post for a bit .

I'm now going to cook us all a nice homemade shepherds pie with carrots and peas , im sure everyone will find that acceptable :)

or will they :suspect:

priceless:hihi:

I doubt its going to be in a house, theres a new community cafe opened up on Longley Cres on the four greens no doubt it will take place there.

I second what NEKRO's said , ive been at school picking my son up so not been able to post for a bit .

I'm now going to cook us all a nice homemade shepherds pie with carrots and peas , im sure everyone will find that acceptable :)

or will they :suspect:

Jamie Oliver would probably chuck it in the bin and say it was gross because it didn't have organic potatoes and fully certified welfare meat that you've slaughtered yourself (preferably by cutting the animal's throat while it's hung up by the feet, screeching). And you have to make your own stock too, spend three days slaving over a hot stove...

On the other hand I wouldn't say no to some, it sounds nice :D

Why does Oliver annoy me so much? Because I'm SICK AND FED UP with hearing the middle classes bleating on about working class people's eating habits, especially if they're making money out of it. YES WE KNOW what's good for you and what's bad. Now SHUT UP and go back to your ruddy organic quinoa harvested by disabled colobus monkeys and garnished with the low fat spit of orphans. I've got a pie to eat. ;)

Whilst I'm not a fan of Jamie Oliver, he has done good things to school dinners, he got the government to invest a further £280 million in to the pot, that can't be a bad thing, can it? Though even after this boost school dinners are only 50p for primaries and 60p for secondaries per meal. I also don't remember him singling out Northerners, I think it was the education system he directed the problem at, it just happens a few hysterical women from Rotherham didn't agree to their kids getting a healthy option at school.

I agree he has done good things for school dinners and no he didnt single out Northeners that was a job that a certain 'Lear' who decided to post on here !!

priceless:hihi:

Oh dear i think you must be a bit ... erm.... thick , do you not know that a shepherds 'pie' is not actually made with a crust and the one im making is not from iceland , where the hell are you from anyway , straight out of a story book because to me you sound like a troll !!!!!!!

Its pathetic how many people hate a man who they know very little about. Lets face it, he probably cares a whole lot more for our kids health and well-being than any other public figure. So what if he has made money from it, if you dont like the man then dont watch the programmes and dont buy the merchandise, simple as that, dont berate the man just because hes done something with his life

Firstly where did i say that i agree with those mums passing kids crap through the school gates !!!!:confused:

Secondly i was getting across the fact that its not right when someone comes on here having a go at the 'Northern mentality' -their words not mine .

Oh and you dont know me so dont go calling me names like stupid either ,so untill you do know me ( and i find it very unlikely you ever will) **** off !!

If you read the post propperly you will see I did not call you stupid. Calm down, you might live a bit longer!

As for Jamie, like I3lade4life said, it’s quite sad how everyone is having a go at the bloke for trying to improve the health of our children. His Fifteen project personally cost him a huge about of money, he remortgaged his house for gods sake when he could have just walked away which his pockets full of cash from his books and TV programs, what was really in it for him to risk it all which is what he did? He has also paid for a major report to be done on how it can be improved which is more than most other charities are prepared to do.

You don't need to be Northern to be stupid but your doing a pretty good job of encouraging the stereotype!

What you are saying is that the stereotype of northerners is someone who is stupid and i am carrying that stereotype on so really you are saying that i am indeed stupid .

Anyway have a nice evening because apart from everything else i might be i am actually a nice person as well :)

Karen x

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Brilliant thread!!:hihi:

Oh dear i think you must be a bit ... erm.... thick , do you not know that a shepherds 'pie' is not actually made with a crust and the one im making is not from iceland , where the hell are you from anyway , straight out of a story book because to me you sound like a troll !!!!!!!

Stop rising to the bait.