Livestrong wristbands

The pink ones are fakes, as are most of any colour including yellow that you can find on ebay. Companies have capitalised on the popularity of the livestrong bands and there are now several that will custom print words on any colour band, hence the proliferation of fakes.

The only place you could buy them here were nike shops, and at http://www.velosportonline.com (who say they will have 'more stock' soon although I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them as I ordered one and it never arrived, they cited 'credit card didn't go through' but I phoned my bank and they'd enver even tried). But if you're desperate they may be worth a try.

There is a long wait on the official site for them so if people really want one they can buy off Ebay. I don't see a problem with it.

They have supported the charity directly by probably paying 1000 dollars for 1000 bands. The charity could have avoided this situation by ensuring that supply could cope with the demand.

The postage and packaging argument on Ebay is silly. When deciding how much you are going to bid, do you include the p and p in your calculations? Of course you do.

Originally posted by Micky

There is a long wait on the official site for them so if people really want one they can buy off Ebay. I don't see a problem with it.

They have supported the charity directly by probably paying 1000 dollars for 1000 bands. The charity could have avoided this situation by ensuring that supply could cope with the demand.

The postage and packaging argument on Ebay is silly. When deciding how much you are going to bid, do you include the p and p in your calculations? Of course you do.

If people hadn't bought 1000 wristbands in the first place (with the intention of making a fast buck on Ebay), there wouldn't be such demand. Making money in this way is despicable any way you choose to look at it.

Whisper - I have a genuine, yellow Livestrong band in youth size that came with my new Nike trainers from America. If you would like to PM me your address, I will gladly post it to you for your nephew.

Originally posted by Micky

As I've already stated a large proportion of the bands for sale on ebay including the yellow ones which may look official are actually fakes so they are not supporting the charity in any way.

thanks for feedback.ive now got a yellow one on the way. the pink ones are for breast cancer apparently and my daughters are adamant thats the ones they want. as well as charity they've become a fashion statement as well. it's a shame that the supply does'nt fit the demand for the bands.charities could be making a lot more money with school kids on to the craze.

Originally posted by Greenback

If people hadn't bought 1000 wristbands in the first place (with the intention of making a fast buck on Ebay), there wouldn't be such demand. Making money in this way is despicable any way you choose to look at it.

Thats a good point. I wonder why the charity lets people buy in batches of 1000? Perhaps to create scarcity and therefore increase demand for the bands. I would think they would employ some highly qualified people to create a strategy to sell the most bands (which of course they should do). The Ebay market will have been expected and planned for I think.

Anyone know where i can get a blue wrist band -against bullying, heard there was only a limited edition tho' !

ITS ONLY A YELLOW BAND!!!! BE COOL AND DONT WEAR ONE, JUST DONATE SOME OF YOUR MONEY TO A CHARITY! WE DONT ALL NEED TO HAVE TO WEAR THINGS TO PROVE WE ARE A CHARITABLE PERSON!

Originally posted by mer1002

Anyone know where i can get a blue wrist band -against bullying, heard there was only a limited edition tho' !

Yes, from the Radio 1 website mer. I ordered 1 ages ago - before xmas in fact and then found out they'd run out because they'd had over a million orders!! but heard recently that they've got some more now.

just go the website and you'll see it there.

Originally posted by Lestat

Yes, from the Radio 1 website mer. I ordered 1 ages ago - before xmas in fact and then found out they'd run out because they'd had over a million orders!! but heard recently that they've got some more now.

just go the website and you'll see it there.

It says that there are no more but if you placed your order before 31st December you'll receive it. Although I did and I haven't. I don't hold out much hope.