VISTA should I?

Oh and work pays for the software, so hmmmmmmmmmmmm ultimate version??

Go for it. You should be able to have a dual boot system anyway so you can choose which OS to use.

For the ultimate version though, make sure its a hefty PC to get the best out of it ;)

Does anyone use the Aero glass windows? Its ace!

So whats your opinions? :confused:

I'm sticking with W2K and XP (lite Version)

since Service Pack 1, I dont have a single issue with vista honestly...

Just remember, it's an operating system - the interface between your computer, you and the application you want to run.

All singing and dancing and pretty backgrounds all consume memory and processor power, which will have a detrimental effect on the application you're using.

If you can do everything you can at the minute with XP (like most people), don't waste your time or money.

I'm as happy as is humanly possible with XP Home/Pro and given all the problems I've had with previous versions, I'm really very happy to give Vista a miss until I need to upgrade my desktop & laptop by which time they'll have brought out something else. Cant say I've heard Vista's got anything special must have features so what's the point of laying out more dosh for stuff I dont need/want simply to line M$ bank accounts

gone and done it and loving it especially the sidebar gadgets.

thanks to you all

At least give Ubuntu a go, before paying for a copy of Vista.

why on earth you would want to run vista?

Stick with XP. I had Vista for 9 months, and eventually I had to go back to XP in order to be able to work normally...

Vista is eating up all your resources, putting your hard drive full of unnecessary stuff that is meant to speed up your system, but all it does it just kills it. And you'll have a hard time making all your usual hardware and applications run normally. Some of them simply won't...

There is nothing in Vista you can't do in XP. If it's not part of XP, there is always a program or patch or workaround that does exactly what you want.

Especially on today's hardware and with SP2 out there, XP is a fast and reliable operating system. Stick with it!

Ever since I got vista, Ive not had a single glitch, crash, or anything else, I find it at least as fast and stable as xp has ever been.... I guess Im in a minority though..