VISTA should I?

I am still living with XP, should i take the plunge and go for vista?

And yes I know microsoft is evil, and I should use Linux, and etc etc. But I have always used windows (3.1 and even ME).

So whats your opinions? :confused:

I have a lot of use with various windows OS and I took the plunge into vista a few times but each time its never been to good. I had loads of hardware and software issues so am sticking with XP for a long time yet.

Its great if you have a decent PC. It has a great user interface. Don't even think of running it to its full potential without at least 2gb of memory and a decent graphics card though.

XP is great though, it has been out a long time and has been tweaked and perfected.

For a majority of people, Vista is excellent even if it is slightly overpriced. I can't complain too much about the price really as I spend £150 a month on games for my 360.

Vista has been out a while now and manufacturers of hardware have released fixes for their hardware so there should be no problem getting everything working that you already own.. unless its really old..

have run the compatability wizard thing and it says no problems, to be honest my XP installation is a lil mucked up so need to either do full re install or upgrade, think upgrade may be easier.

Oh and work pays for the software, so hmmmmmmmmmmmm ultimate version??

Personally, i'm still holding off on Vista. I just prefer to wait with MS products, let them iron all the issues out first.

On a (connected) side note, the next OS from MS is ment to be arriving in 2009 anyway, so is Vista really worth it? Seeing as Windows Seven is supposed to be a whole new system, as opposed to a turbocharged Vista.

My 2 pence...

I have had nothing but problems with Vista.I made a mistake switching to It.Just downloaded the service pack & It has created more problems.Going to see if i can restore it back a day or two.

2 members of my family have recently got vista, ive used it and Ive found it to be very slow (even slower than 95), and to crash very often, and often this is within a few minutes, I can't stand the bloody thing.

On a (connected) side note, the next OS from MS is ment to be arriving in 2009 anyway, so is Vista really worth it?

But Vista was meant to be so much more than it is, and should have been here about 3 years ago. They cut it down to barely more than a tweaked XP but still delivered very, very late...

should i take the plunge and go for vista

no (i wish i cudda just say no on its own but i cant)

I'll stick with Windows XP with the soon SP3. Vista wants too many resources and has far too many glitches for my liking. I'll await Windows 7 - it might be a refreshing change (I can hope!).

I have been using vista ultimate for a month or more now i did have a few problems to start with but all is ok now, personally i love it and i have not got a great graphics card fx 5200 and 1 gig of ram (about to upgrade) plus i have downloaded sp1... not noticed any difference.

Frank

All really depends what you going to do but for me XP Vista cant cope with my projects.