What's happening in Sheffield 8? Are the gangs taking over?

I live in Norton and it's a really nice area but this thread has interested me for two reasons...

1) My son (aged 13) was chased home by a group of hoodies recently and sadly I did not report it to 101 (but if it happens again I will!) He was quite shaken as it was completely unprovoked and he was on his own walking back from his mates house.

2) Loadsa graffiti has recently appeared in the area and many of this includes the S12/S14 postcode so I can only assume these youths/gangs are from the Gleadless area and not actually local kids.

It could be that the police have moved them on from their local area but it's a no brainer that they will just congregate elsewhere....the government need to invest in more community buildings for youths to structure to their needs and meet up!

Not all youths are knife welding thieves....the majority are just bored and in need of somewhere to escape to!

:)

Contact Labour Councilor Terry Fox about it.

He's always sending letters to everyone in S8 telling everyone how he's sorting youth/crime issues out.

Get him to sort it with Police, if people cant walk about in S8 without fearing this scum then someone needs a bloody good shake.

It's this stuff that leads to people taking direct action. If you want to borrow my baseball bat your quite welcome :0)

MY daughter was out last night with a couple of friends near mundella on derbyshire lane and got chased by about 20 youths all with huddies on.

Let's get together get her to do that again then pounce on them and exterminate the vermin.

That'll make any chav brigade think twice.

I like the fottage they showed once on police camera action where it showed a gang going riot and the locals coming out in force to batter them. We need this back.

Let's get together get her to do that again then pounce on them and exterminate the vermin.

That'll make any chav brigade think twice.

I like the fottage they showed once on police camera action where it showed a gang going riot and the locals coming out in force to batter them. We need this back.

Aww i missed that on tv, wonder if its on youtube would be really interesting to see.

I find putting some washing up liquid in the mouth and going out swinging a baseball bat usualy upsets them

not sure if its the bat or the foaming at the mouth bit they're not keen on ;)

Friends of Graves Park bought a couple of mountain bikes for the police so that patrols could be stepped up in the park and surrounds. It would be worth contacting the local councillors/MP about extending the scheme.

The bikes cost about a grand to buy and equip but the major cost is the manpower to use them. A few letters sent from concerned local people would not go amiss. I have always found the 3 local councillors as well as the local MP are all very keen to be involved in the local area. This sort of report would not fall on deaf ears.

I forwarded this thread to the local councillors (Lib/Dem) and local MP (Labour)

I got response from all within 24 hours and the concern has been notified to the police.

Well reading this thread explains why Newfield has got such a bad reputation then, and I was wondering why, when the feeder primaries are so good! Why aren't these kids taken out of school and put into a 'special school' I do not know as it's just unfair on the majority of kids who are decent.

I've also been looking round at houses and I think I'll now rule out Norton and the area around Fraser Road. :o It's all very well the council introducing this curfew on Gleadless valley and Arbourthorne (after all, it worked at Meersbrook) but it looks like they've just wandered to the next area - do they think kids don't possess legs or something? Duh!

Get in touch with the local councillors and MP. Let's get this nipped in the bud.

I understand there was a "gang" fight in Graves park last night or there may have been a planned gang fight. I was told that youths from Gleadless and the S8 kids were about and tooled up. Save society someone because this will only escalate.