Childhood illnesses, jabs and operations

It helped monsterbaby when I put a couple of drops of saline solution in his nose (you can get it from the pharmacy).

Also, steam is very good, just make sure that you lo is not getting too hot. Fill the bath with hot water and sit in the bathroom for a while (about ten minutes).

Do not put anything in the water though as it can cause breathing difficulties in lo's.

You can also try whether the inhaling works when you put a heaped teaspoon of salt to one litre of water. Just adjust it to a bigger quantity.

A steamer for the room worked quite well as well as having monsterbabies mattress raised at the head.

Monsterbaby only falls asleep when feeding too so I can understand that you find it difficult and hope that your lo is getting through it quickly, look at the positive: The more colds she gets now the better her immune system will be.

I agree with monstermummy...raise the head of his mattress a bit, and invest in a room humidifier/steamer. You can pop baby olbas in the humidifier which helps a lot. I used ours loads as cosycub had a long period of coughs and colds. I got our humidifier from Argos - if I remember the people at Boots very oddly had no idea what I was talking about.

Good luck!

... cosycub ...

Off topic, sorry ... But PLEASE tell me you call your little one Cozycub in real life too ... twould just really be beyond cuteness! :love:

ps Back on topic ... Nirvanaliz, hope little baba gets better soon (-:

Off topic, sorry ... But PLEASE tell me you call your little one Cozycub in real life too ... twould just really be beyond cuteness! :love:

ps Back on topic ... Nirvanaliz, hope little baba gets better soon (-:

Lol, purple frog...he is indeed just that: my cosycub. Glad you like it :)

PS, any name with frog in it makes me smile, but purple frog is exemplary!

Many thanks for the ideas, a humidifier sounds like a good investment if he's going to carry on getting colds this often. One good thing is that this time he's eating solids so even though he can't breastfeed at the mo' he's still eating his grub as well as his vitamin drops - I've noticed a big difference from when he had a cold and he was solely breastfed, he seems to be fighting the cold much better. Must be all those fruit and veg purees I'm stuffing down him...

Thanks for the well wishes! He's asleep now with the cot head raised. He managed a little breastfeed which was just enough to knock him out - woo hoo, comfy armchair and telly here I come.

Hi

I did a thread on here last week saying thank you, to some people for there help with getting things for our twins that were born 15 weeks early. The doctors have now said, that when ( if ) they come home. They might be a chance they will come home on oxygen. The thought of that scares me stiff, they have said we will get help. But as anyone gone though this, that has got some advice for us ?

Thanks Rose.

Sorry I can't offer any advice as I've had no experience of your situation.

However, as a twin mum I can only offer you a virtual hug via the 'net and my heartfelt wishes that all is well.

If I can help, let me know :)

Hi hun i just want to offer all of you all the best, and hope all goes well. chic x

I can't help, either, but I do wish you all the best. xxxx

I cant help much in the way of oxygen I'm afraid, although i do know children on it. I'm also not sure what happens in regards to preemies, but maybe ryegate will get involved, has anyone mentioned them? My son was in hospital after a serious illness and came home on a feeding tube and overnight feeding pump. I was put in touch with a 'home nurse' who I had a contact phone number for at all times, she came to see me every week and would come and replace his tube whenever he pulled it out (frequently!) until I learned to do it myself. He also needed regular nasal and throat suctioning, I had a machine delivered and again was taught how to use that.

Basically the only thing I can really say is that if your little miracles do have to have home oxygen, you will be taught exaclty how to use any equipment needed, what seems utterly terrifying at first will soon become second nature and you will find yourself laughing everytime someone tells you how 'brave' you are being. You will be given a contact number to deal with any problems, even if its just the hossie phone number and someone advising you over the phone but I'm willing to bet there will be a lot more support in place for you.

Good luck and dont let these worries mar any joy when your little ones come home, I promise everything will be easier than it seems right now

Just wishing you all the very best with it. I didnt have the same experience but my boy was born with a critical heart condition and has had open heart surgery 2 times, I think it is very much a case of taking it an hour or a day at a time and trusting and praying, and looking after yourself/getting support so you have the energy to look after your little ones.

Take care x

feel free to get in touch with me as i have experience with tia being born at 23 weeks

i will advise you and help you the best i can hun

xxx