Convoy of cars on the parkway with hazard warning lights flashing?

What's all that about then?

Last night (Easter Sunday) there were around 6 cars going down the parkway all with their hazards on, now I always thought you should only use your hazards to warn other vehicles if there was any danger or if something was wrong with your car.

There was one car which appeared to be a 'wedding' car of some sort, is this a new ritual and if so isn't it going against the highway code?

Were they all embarrasing Barry cars like Subaru Emprezas and chavved up corsas with the one windscreen wiper. They were probably going on one of their cruises. They might have to use their hazard warning lights because the plastic body kits and lowered suspension means that there is a danger of bits falling off.

Yes probably a wedding convoy more than a chav cruise. Don't really know the reason why the hazard lights are always on.

Its probably to show that they are traveling in a group and must maintain their position.

If this was a moving convoy their hazard warning lights should not have been on

Yes probably a wedding convoy more than a chav cruise. Don't really know the reason why the hazard lights are always on.

Its probably to show that they are traveling in a group and must maintain their position.

Wouldn't that be a good way to start married life, with a line of drivers all getting 3 points on their licenses.

:loopy:

Wouldn't that be a good way to start married life, with a line of drivers all getting 3 points on their licenses.

:loopy:

Which law would they be breaking? I thought it was just a Highway Code recommendation.

Thought it was an offence against the road traffic act and or constructions and use regulations.

Thought it was an offence against the road traffic act and or constructions and use regulations.

Yes just like speeding.

If this was a moving convoy their hazard warning lights should not have been on

They were definately moving alright! There was one car amongst them that didn't have their warning lights on, perhaps they snuck in :suspect:

have you ever thought they could all be stolen and it was the alarm going off causing the hazards to flash

I can find a post on a forum by a guy who says he's a police officer, saying that it is an offence. I can't find a definitive government page that says so, but I assume he is right.

They changed the law a few years ago so that you can operate hazard lights when moving to warn other road users of danger.

It used to be illegal, but then as more cars had them people began to use them when approaching stationary traffic etc to warn the cars behind them. This is now legal, and I do it all the time on the motorway - the message I hope I am conveying is "I'm braking to a stop or nbear-stop, not just knocking a few mph off - so start braking now or you'll hit me" - it seems to work.