Bachs Rescue Remedy - Anyone tried it?

Originally posted by chillicat

It's alcohol - pure and simple. Has the same effect as a nip of whisky or brandy (not a good idea before a driving test!)

It may be alcohol based, but it says in the ingredients it is a "grape alcohol solution". So probably more like wine than whisky! And since you only have 4 drips of it at a time, I doubt the alcohol effect would be very noticeable!

I use it now and again before presentations, and find it does work. It may be psychological. Tastes good.

Also good is valerian extract or St. John's Wort, but these have to be taken for a few weeks before they kick in. They are however natural products, no chemicals involved.

Myself, and everyone else I know who's tried it, took it and promptly threw up.

Dunno why. Could be connected with the anxiety that made me take it in the first place? Or something to do with the rescue remedy.

I guess if it works for you, go for it.

On the other hand I saw a homeopath several years ago who gave me some incredible stuff, so it's not that I'm totally sceptical about these things.

Guest bostonaire

so is this stuff the same as rescue drops???:confused:

Years ago a spiritual teacher of mine used to put it in orange juice and give it to the class to drink. She said it would have amazing affects. It had affects alright but i don't think they were amazing they just made me sick;)