Bachs Rescue Remedy - Anyone tried it?

I was given some Rescue Remedy in my Christmas stocking, but I am slightly skeptical about it... does it actually do anything? And if it does, is it just psychological?

I have been using it for about a week (it's been a bad week!) and haven't really noticed anything, but my friend swears by it.

Anyone else tried it?

http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/38/rescue.htm

Yeah, I use it when having to go on stage, or talk in front of people. Helps me, but it could well be psychological... but as long as it works, eh?

Originally posted by Snook

Yeah, I use it when having to go on stage, or talk in front of people. Helps me, but it could well be psychological... but as long as it works, eh?

True, maybe I shouldn't worry about it! Perhaps I just have to "believe", and then it wil work!

My fiancee swears by the stuff, seems to work in calming people down.

My mum used it when she suddenly became depressed 15 months ago, but sadly it didn't work. She had medical help too and the support of her family and friends, but still committed suicide a week later aged just 41. Sorry to say that, but it's true. I think it's more the psychological effect rather than a proven medical one maybe? I guess it works as a pick me up but I wouldn't have thought it could cure anything!

I keep a bottle in my briefcase for when I attend job interviews! It comes in very handy, but unfortunately, I think it tastes quite like brandy, so go easy on it if you're in this situation! People might think you are p155ed!

K x

So sorry to hear about your mum babygem.

Think maybe I need to be more open-minded about the effects to appreciate any benefits!!

Will keep trying though, because clearly there are lots of people for whom it works!

I have used the cream as a moisturiser when my allergies have been bad, and I can thoroughly recommend it. As I am sensitive to even E45 cream to find something that I can use was heaven. I was sorted out with some cream from the hospital after patch testing so haven't used it since as it's so expensive.

Haven't tried the remedies yet, but thinking of having a look for something suitable for when I'm in labour!

I used it when I had my GCSEs and my driving test, smiled like a Cheshire cat!! My cousin's wife failed her driving test 7 times and it was all down to nerves. Gave her a bottle of this stuff and it worked wonders, passed her 8th driving test!!

It's alcohol - pure and simple. Has the same effect as a nip of whisky or brandy (not a good idea before a driving test!)

Well it did the job and I passed first time so never mind!