Asda home delivery - complete waste of time!

asda in my experience were dire! my first order was late and came with all my drinks being wrong - full sugar, when i explained to driver that cannot except as diabetic ( sugar = bad news) he was like..so..not my problem etc attitude.. total waste of space

had a few problems with tesco but if you ring them up they usually can sort it, had few items missing you get a refund, once got a case of cat food - an entire case, never had a cat in my life!

best one was my mother once ordered a delivery and her bread was out of stock the substitution.... bread yeast! i was in stitches though i don't think she was too impressed

when i explained to driver that cannot accept as diabetic ( sugar = bad news) he was like..so..not my problem etc attitude..

I agree that the driver should have been sympathetic and responsive to your complaint. But to be fair, I bet there's not much a driver can do apart from pass on your complaint to the manager. And if the management back at Asda are as reported in these posts, then the driver's feedback will probably be ignored.

In my opinion, I think it wise to adopt an attitude of low expectation when it comes to someone distant dealing with your everyday needs. That way, disappointment doesn't come as too much of a shock, and satisfaction now and then as a nice surprise.

Edited by spartacus

We switched from Tesco because their delivery was so bad, twice they

didn't turn up, didn't bother to tell us they weren't coming, then asked if

we could go to collect the order wtf! we don't have a car thats why:mad:

Asda , no problem- if there is something I don't want they have been good

at refunding back onto my card- polite drivers too:)

O.k I live in Lincolnshire but we've used the Asda delivery service every 2 weeks for about 18 months now. Only had a wrong delivery twice and after phoning central depot mistake was rectified within the hour. One time two pieces of brisket (value £11) were wrongly delivered.I rang the depot to tell them and they were gob smacked that we had let them know. Result was we were told to keep them free of charge for our honesty. At all times the drivers are very courteous and friendly and it saves us the 18 mile drive to our nearest decent supermarket plus delivery is free. Can't fault it really

O.k I live in Lincolnshire but we've used the Asda delivery service every 2 weeks for about 18 months now. Only had a wrong delivery twice and after phoning central depot mistake was rectified within the hour. One time two pieces of brisket (value £11) were wrongly delivered.I rang the depot to tell them and they were gob smacked that we had let them know. Result was we were told to keep them free of charge for our honesty. At all times the drivers are very courteous and friendly and it saves us the 18 mile drive to our nearest decent supermarket plus delivery is free. Can't fault it really

Delivery free ????

We've used Asda home delivery service for a while now and not had any major problems with them. I think the biggest problem we had was that i was sent the wrong joint of meat, after calling them about it I was given £20 off my next order and free delivery.

If they have to send you something that is higher priced as a substitute then you still only pay for the lower priced thing and they are the only supermarket to do this.

The drivers are always friendly and make time to talk to my little boy who is 3 and likes to try and help them.

And they always ring if they are going to be late or if they are going to be early to check someone is in.

Okay - I take back my previous post praising Asda. They are now over an hour and a half late. I rang a while ago & was told they are on there way but still no sign. I have a feeling they aren't going to show & am not happy:mad: I wanted some of the stuff for tea & some of it I need for the kids lunches tomorrow so I really hope they do turn up. I have never had a problem with Tesco being late before. I just thought I would try Asda for a change as I like there stuff.

I have edited this to say now 2 hours late - I rang customer service - it sounded like a call centre abroad. The woman, although polite couldn't really do anything. She said she will get someone from the store to ring me but as they are now closed it could be a while. If they were open I would ring myself.

As its now 7pm on a Sunday so no chance of going shopping myself. I don't expect anything to arrive now. Will have to make a quick trip to the local shop for bread & milk & then do it myself tomorrow. I am really fed up & will never use them again - I should have read the full thread. I will be cancelling the order & complaining tomorrow when I can actually speak to someone.

Edited by luybell
to add more

I ordered what I thought was 1 kg sprouts from tesco a few weeks ago and received yes 1 sprout in a bag. trouble is i didn.t know which meal to have it with

I have had several problems with both Sainsburys and Tesco - Tesco have charged me 2 years running for the 'free' gift of Easter eggs they offer to 'valued' customers and Sainsburys didn't actually process the refund that I was due for some substituted goods that I returned. Taught me to be on the ball - you might be surprized at the mistakes if you check your bill and refunds carefully.

Asda full stop - complete waste of time!

Luybell - I completely emphathize with you! Its a nightmare is't it. After all that picking stuff out online, then arranging a time for delivery, then waiting for them, then getting that sinking feeling that no, they're not going to show up - and on a Sunday too. I live alone and have no car - I just go once a week and get as much as I can, although with kids Im sure you have much more food to get in.

My wife was alone to receive the goods.

The guy bullied her not to check the list

She said she will

The guy insisted and was bullying her saying he has something else to do

I did intervene and ask him to shut up or take all away back to the store if he is not happy with us checking

He disappeared with the van

They are errors

I rang asda, they have nothing to say only they apologise???

But the error is still here

I try to find an email, but zilch! they hide... lol

Now I have to write and ask them to be out of their list

And tell them they have lost a client

They are many good shops with nice delivery people

ASDA is not very serious and too much FRAUDULENT with their accomplice the delivery boy

Nice game, but not for me

A VERY dissatisfied client from Tolworth