Potty training megathread

Yes i am going potty at the potty stage haha,

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Trying to get a little boy to sit down on a potty? Hmm, well thats my current woe lol, yes some of you may say its better for a young boy to stand up (obviously) but i disagree when they are using a potty :hihi:

Sorry, can't help, mine's too young. But I'm waiting with great anticipation to see what tips you get - so I can use 'em later, lol.

Good luck!

I have taken ''three'' little boys through the potty stages and everytime they have preferred to stand and wee and I have lifted the potty to them!

It is much easier IMHO and they are less likely to pee over the front of the potty. Even though most potty's have a raised bit at the front it isn't always enough to stop the 'floodgates'

Try doing that and lifting the potty to him - it is more natural for the male to pee standing anyways!

Good Luck

:thumbsup:

PS also reward your child with every successful visit - I had a chart with stars and when he filled a line he got a treat!!

That sounds like a good idea, Shiesh - potty training is enough of a struggle by the sounds of it without making it harder on yourself by trying to get them to do something less instinctive.

Rewards chart: I've heard great things about using this with potty training. One friend (with a child who was over 3 and still not quite there) used the lure of chocolate cake at the end of the day after so many successes on the potty, and lo the potty training was complete in two days after months of trial, lol. So remember to pick something they really, really want, and make it quickly attainable - I doubt she'd have done so well if she'd offered cake at the end of the week!

Hey Shiesh, remind me to call you when Hels Junior is ready for potty training :D

Thanks for all the tips, I have no problem with the number 1 part of using the potty, its just he has a thing about standing for the other, sorry to be descriptive. I'll have to make sure i have treats for him when he decides to sit on the potty,:hihi:

Thanks for all the tips, I have no problem with the number 1 part of using the potty, its just he has a thing about standing for the other, sorry to be descriptive. I'll have to make sure i have treats for him when he decides to sit on the potty,:hihi:

Eeeeeewwwww!!! Lol! I didn't think about that. Yuck. I bet cosycub does that too, he's a right baby monster. Umm, yeah, good luck...

If he doesn't like the potty put him straight on the toilet. Don't get stressed about it, because then he will too, and stress leads to constipation:P which leads to pain, and then he will be scared to do it at all.

Good Luck... I've done my 3 boys, just got my little daughter to toilet train now... they says girls are easier:P

If he doesn't like the potty put him straight on the toilet. Don't get stressed about it, because then he will too, and stress leads to constipation:P which leads to pain, and then he will be scared to do it at all.

Good Luck... I've done my 3 boys, just got my little daughter to toilet train now... they says girls are easier:P

Girls are easier, and cleaner to train, my son (now a teenager) would happily sit in his own mess where as my daugher (now 6) hated to be messed up. Plus girls dont tend to sprnkle everything with their 'golden shower'!:hihi:

________

Edited by pinklady

we arejust going through the potty trainig at the moment and loads of people have said how good reward charts are but are they just for older kids. my daughter was 2 in august and i just dont think she'd really understand it.??

when my now 7 year old was being potty trained at 2, my mum gave him a biscuit when sat on the potty, as encouragement(bribery I know!) On the second day of potty training, he came up to Me and my Nan and said "Biscuit, Biscuit", not understanding, we said no he couldn't have a biscuit. He cried and asked again, he then wet himself. My mum was furious with us, as he was telling us he needed a wee - having connected Biscuits and potty. So I guess bribery can work:P