What's on your needles? From March 2008

I have finally finished my babette blankie. I do love it :D

Lovely. The colours work really well together.

I've just started some socks - alas, not with the delicious yarn from peakwool! A girl at work goes on maternity leave in a couple of weeks, I need to do the baby stuff first!

I've got a lovely little pattern, but it was toe up with short row heel, and I could not make sense of the heel instructions, so I had to give up :) Ripped out and started on a trusty one, pictures to follow...

A right angle at the moment!!

Seriously girls, I caught it in the dash board on Sunday and my Addi turbo is now at a right angle. Not to panic though GK have them in stock and one is winging it's way to me as we speak! God Bless postman Pat

I absolutely love your Babette Little Missy. Looks very professional.

At last I've got some pictures on flickr. This is going to be a shawl.

CIMG4935

And dd is very pleased with her sun top

sun top

And here's Rory looking delighted to be modelling the ribbon tied dress from the Debbie Bliss special knits book.

dress

CIMG4935

sun top

And here's Rory looking delighted to be modelling the ribbon tied dress from the Debbie Bliss special knits book.

dress

You have knitted some lovely things there cryinglion :)

Cryinglion, They are lovely.

I still have my first sock on the go, and last night I turned the heel. I knitted my Dad a fingerless glove and I'm suffering from second glove syndrome. I must do it soon, but I think it might be summer by the time I finish it him and then it will be too late.

I've got a half finished sock too. It's been on the go for months now. The dress was the first thing I'd knitted in years - that was back in January - and when my 4yo saw me knitting he asked me to knit him some socks. I managed an inch - I hate dpns!! Since then I've done loads of other stuff and occasionally go back to the sock, but it will be a while before I finish the pair. Might come in for Rory.

the sock so far

Sock

CIMG4935

sun top

dress

Some lovely stuff!

Can I ask what pattern you used for the sun top? - I know some one who would love one too!

And how delighted does Rory look?!! What a fab grin!!:D

It's from a Patons booklet - '4 designs for children 1-9 years using 100% cotton 4 ply' I got it in the Wool Baa last week. This pattern is called violet and I really liked the little frill at the bottom.

I had to adapt it to my yarn - got it from Peakwool and it looks like a strand of white alpaca twisted with a strand of thin boucle cotton in pastel shades. My daughter loved the yarn but I only had 2 skeins (120yds per skein) so had to find something that would work for her. It knits up more like dk (I did a tension square!!) so I cast on 147 sts on size 4mm needles for the frill, leaving me with 51sts for the body. I really like the way it turned out - more close fitting than the pattern.

Rory's grin was short lived. He must have realised I'd put him in a dress! First thing I'd knitted in years and I couldn't resist. It was made for a friend's baby and should fit her in about 6 months, but I was desperate to see it on. I snapped a couple of pictures then he started crying - tears and snot all over the place, seriously endangering the frock. I won't be doing that again in a hurry.