What's on your needles? From March 2008

I need medication. Lots of it. Sooo not a happy bunny.

Finished my feather and fan wrap in Kidsilk haze, lovely pearly cloud of softness. Used a picot cast off and was admiring my work, then decided it could do with being a little longer and started to undo the cast off so I could use up the rest of the wool. This is kidsilk, therefore a nightmare to undo, and it all went horribly wrong. I put the difficulty down to it being a picot edge and kidsilk. Got back a few rows and something was very very wrong. Started sweating profusely then the horrible truth dawned on me...I had unpicked the cast ON edge by mistake. By this point it was all too trashed to salvage. Considered treating it like a provisional cast on and knitting it back in feather and fan then realised the pattern would be pointing the wrong way. Beyond my skills to put right. I have now managed to frog some of it, in lots of small bits that i will find something to make with when i have gotten over it.:(:(:(

Anyway, to cheer myself up i am going to go buy some more kidsilk today and start all over again. i keep reminding myself, "Its the knitting i enjoy" ergo its a good thing that i get to knit it all over again!

I have more kidsilk and I have started again! I do enjoy knitting with it as it is so soft and silky and cloud like, and its an easy pattern. If it had been something more challenging pattern-wise I think I would still be sniffling in the corner. Note to self: if something is finished, leave it alone...