What's on your needles? From March 2008

It might be spring but it's been snowing this morning. What are you knitting - are you thinking ahead for summer with little lacy bits of nothing or looking out of the window and staying with thick wool?

Well, I'm sticking with the chop sticks for now and knitting socks for the MIL's Birthday coming up early April and also a hat and scarf for Barnaby Bear who is holidaying with us for the Easter week. He has to go back to school after that, and has to have a reminder of his stay with us......

I'm still knitting the Vendetta socks I was knitting at peakwools, They are no longer going to be mine etiher, they are now my mums, because I was worried I was running out of yarn on the first one so I made them too small for me :suspect:

My next lot I am going to learn toe up, so I can knit them till I run out, I want some longer socks.

I've also bought the shawl pattern from the same blogger above ^ as I have seen it made using some of my yarn by another raveller, and need to make it for me :D

I have finished the blanket but have to sew in the ends. I am finishing the two Horace bears and I have started another baby blanket. I am part of the way through a pair of socks. Oh - and I have just finished the cushion cover so that is something else to sew up.

I have finished the Monkey socks in a linen/merino mix - lovely. I am currently working on a throw in six sorts of Colinette, and having fun with that, it is nice to snuggle under and this cold weather means it has doubled in size since Saturday morning!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x67/maramcp/BriochethrowEasterDay2008001.jpg

ooo they are lovely colours!

I've just cast on my first toe-up sock, using Salvia Yarn, it was easier than I expected after everything I had read about it being tricky etc..

But I will finish the other pair too :lol:

Happy Easter everyone!

I've not been tempted to knit Summery stuff either as it's just too bleedin' cold. Here's my hot water bottle cover as a work in progress. (It's actually finished and has been handed over but I forgot to take its picture when complete:( )

(Hope the link worked as that was my first posted photo!)

Elijah by Ysolda has just flown off my needles. I do love him.

Cute or what??!! :love:

i am knitting nothing in particular! i only started knitting last week. i taught myself out of an old book, then my friend showed me how to purl at the weekend. i tried to cast off the other day, again using the book but couldnt quite manage it, ive started again, aiming to make fewer holes this time! i might have to come along to a meet to get someone to show me how to cast off!

i am knitting nothing in particular! i only started knitting last week. i taught myself out of an old book, then my friend showed me how to purl at the weekend. i tried to cast off the other day, again using the book but couldnt quite manage it, ive started again, aiming to make fewer holes this time! i might have to come along to a meet to get someone to show me how to cast off!

:wave: Welcome to the world of knitting.

Keep going with the knitting, it will get easier and then there'll be fewer holes.

There's a meet next Wednesday. We could show you what to do then.