Stolen Rover 25 YNO5XLH

I have had my sonic blue rover 25 stolen between 10pm and 12:50am this evening (Thursday 20th of March). It was stolen from Constable road Gleadless, I spent the evening visiting a friend. If anyone has seen the car or has any information about it I would really appreciate a private message.

Many Thanks,

Saltstein

I think it's a good idea to post on here, you never know. My friend found his a few streets away from where he left it, the next morning, no damage, just seemed someone wanted the use of a car for a while:suspect: Good luck.

Why on earth would the idiots nick a rover 25

It won't have got far and lets face it you can get a much better and more reliable car on the insurance.

Pain in the backside I know and you won't have to deal with another HGF.

Why on earth would the idiots nick a rover 25

It won't have got far and lets face it you can get a much better and more reliable car on the insurance.

Pain in the backside I know and you won't have to deal with another HGF.

Amen to that, my 25 head gasket has just cost me £500.

I have had my sonic blue rover 25 stolen between 10pm and 12:50am this evening (Thursday 20th of March). It was stolen from Constable road Gleadless, I spent the evening visiting a friend. If anyone has seen the car or has any information about it I would really appreciate a private message.

Many Thanks,

Saltstein

You lucky s0d, who in there right mind would steal a Rover 25.

I would take the insurance money and buy youself a good car :hihi:

You lucky s0d, who in there right mind would steal a Rover 25.

I would take the insurance money and buy youself a good car :hihi:

:):):). . . . . . .

I see the Rover bashers are out in force, the main cause for the headgasket to fail on the k-series engine is lack of maintainance from owners, ie not checking oil and coolant levels regularly. Generally a leak from the mainifold gasket uses the coolant and hey presto, hot engine and HGF.

Its stange that I have had several k-series rovers / mg's and have not had a problem. Also, if you've paid anywhere near £500 for the repair doing, you have been well and truely ripped off!

Anyway, sorry for the hi-jack, I hope the car turns up for you, I am round that area quite a bit so will keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and good wishes.

The car has now been found. Apparently all in the space of 1.5 hours I left my car outside a friends house, someone smashed a window, the police came by and to avoid any extra vandalism had their contractors to take it to a compound for safe keeping! However, it took the police from the early hours of Thursday evening until Friday afternoon to inform me. Despite me making several calls to police station asking for news on what I originally thought was a theft!

Now I have to wait until Tuesday morning before I can get my car from the compound because of the bank holiday. I asked the kind lady officer at woodseats police station if there would be a charge to release my car from the compound. She says not, but if there is, I should complain to the police and request a refund.

I appreciate that the police had good intensions looking after the interest of my car, but I recon it is a little harsh that within 1.5 hours from parking up my car it then gets taken to a compound. I have to chuckle ... it was the police that pinched my car .... lol

Best Wishes,

saltstein

It grieves me that the police are so ill-equipped technology-wise that the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right is doing!

I'm glad you (finally) located your car

At least they are much more pro-active these days :)

I was expecting you to report back in about a week that it'd been found burnt out :(

come to think - why can't we register contact numbers with the DVLA for exactly these incidents? (or the one where we found a puppy cooking in the back of a car in a pub carpark)

Amen to that, my 25 head gasket has just cost me £500.

With regards Rover cars I have always had Rovers and always been pleased with them, as regards failure of the head gaskets this is almost always the result of dubious maintainence somewhere along the line.