Memories of Wigfalls

The dances were held at the Cutlers Hall were they hired both floors, I do remember Brian Eggington have not seen him for years.

stan butler fell asleep in the gents in the cutlers at a wiggies dance and was locked in. he climbed out of the window and was caught by the police in the cutlers hall yard which was shared by a bank. great days !!

Edited by roy.cram
spelling

Willis was a workmate of mine in he 60s He was our best man at our wedding. Please pass on our best regards Roy & Hilary Brown

Hi Roy Do you remember two blues and a white after a good night out?

Have Just Written A Short Story Entiteled Wiggys Wesher Man. Relates To Some Of Wiggys Past.Often See Malcolm Ashton Fishing On Morehall Dam.

anybody remember the ace rota. the worst washer ever

The Wiggys shop on the moor must have been the second shop to be robbed, because Wiggys on Middlewood Rd was completely cleared one Thursday afternoon when it used to be half day closing early 50s late 60s

Wigfalls on the Moor was the scene of a classic robbery years ago. It was a double fronted shop and the 'white' goods were on display near the shop doorway and windows .One day a large van pulled up outside and some men, supervised by one in a brown smock toting a clipboard and pen loaded all the items outside into the van and drove off, questioned by nobody! A truly classic con.

similar thing happened at the attercliffe road shop

I knew a guy called David Bratt who worked for them in the 70's.

Hi Roy Do you remember two blues and a white after a good night out?

Hi Roy sure do I wounder if there still on the market. Are you still in the UK?

Hi Roy sure do I wounder if there still on the market. Are you still in the UK?

Hi Roy, we are currently in spain but are trying to sell and return to lincolnshire, a village called Woodhall Spa but we are finding it difficult to sell in the present market.We will contact you if we do move, would love to see you and Hillary again. Re two blues and a white, the potion was called Sedlitz powder but I dont know if its still available ( good tho') regards, Roy.

Hi Roy, we are currently in spain but are trying to sell and return to lincolnshire, a village called Woodhall Spa but we are finding it difficult to sell in the present market.We will contact you if we do move, would love to see you and Hillary again. Re two blues and a white, the potion was called Sedlitz powder but I dont know if its still available ( good tho') regards, Roy.

Hi Roy we still live in lincolnshire but have moved from the coast to the small town of Spilsby 20miles from woodall spar. I know it well I was in woodall last week. Looking forward to meeting you both again.

Roy B

anybody remember the ace rota. the worst washer ever

Are you Roy Crampton of Crampton and Moore.and did you used to go in the White Hart in Oughtibridge with gent who was blind, when Albert Hopkins was the landlord.

Hi bazza63 yes i am roy from c&m TV. the friend you mention was eric grantham. I remember albert the landlord and his wife dot, & his son kieth who afterwords ran a pub in stannington on an estate if I remember. did you use the white hart

Hi Roy,I did use the White Hart in those days when Albert was the landlord Jean their daughter lives at Flamborough I think Keith is in Sheffield,I was a domestic appliance engineer at Wiggys,and occasionally see John Moore who now lives in Wharncliffe Side.email is bazza70@hotmail.com