Reports to RSPCA from neighbour

Me being reported does not cause me stress and inconvenience, unless the reports are justified and the authorities come after me on them.

Well I am sorry but it would p*ss me right off, if I knew I was doing no wrong.

I agree it can be annoying to listen to it, but it's hardly justified reporting her to the RSPCA.

Could we just bear in mind that the op has asked for "advice" not verbal abuse.

I think Willman the advice would be to get rid of the dogs, I'm sorry my previous post was too subtle a message.

My dog goes mental when the postie comes, but the rest of the time hes fast asleep on one of the beds. If the dogs are actually that loud, is there no way you could put them inside the house so it will be a bit quieter for neighbours?

There's been studies done on why dogs worldwide go for posties and as I remember its something to do with the vast number of human scents they carry around.

Years ago I had a dog that would do back-flips to try to get at any postie, but would either ignore everyone else or try to give then a bath.

So I'd say that I wouldn't criticize anyone who's dog barked at the postman but I have to agree with other posters here that these dogs are clearly untrained and the owner if really wanting to accept advice should not try to blame her neighbor for complaining about unacceptable behaviored and train her dogs properly in the first place.

The answer is very simple, get rid of the dog! You will get no more visits from the RSPCA, you will no longer p*ss off your neighbours and your poor neglected dog wont be left on its own for hours on end pining for its pack (you) thats abandoned it.

Can we do that with the kids as well then :lol:

Could we just bear in mind that the op has asked for "advice" not verbal abuse.

Advice: Get Victoria Stillwell in & get the dog trained.

It won't take a couple of days then you, your neighbour and most importantly, your dog will be happy.

Continuous barking is not a sign of boredom - it's unhappiness at your abscence.

The dog is suffering psychologically. Unfortunately the RSPCA don't take this into account.

Train the dog - you know it makes sense! :thumbsup:

Firstly, if I had to put up with a dog barking all day I would not be happy at all. Not really a lot that can be done about it unfortunately though.

Secondly, all those who are saying you shouldn't leave your dogs alone all day, I don't agree with that at all. What you're basically saying there is, if you work, you shouldn't have a dog :huh:

My 2 dogs are kept in the house all day and they are left alone all day, every day. My Mum insists on leaving the radio on all day, I don't understand that one myself.......

Just because everyone in the house works doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to have dogs.

The answer is very simple, get rid of the dog! You will get no more visits from the RSPCA, you will no longer p*ss off your neighbours and your poor neglected dog wont be left on its own for hours on end pining for its pack (you) thats abandoned it.

Poor neglected dog!!! Before you state a load of crap could you pelase get your facts right as i said i had dog-S!!!!!

Right ok, thank you to those who have given me good advise , but to those who have said get rid of the dogs- you can shove your advice. The dogs are not mistreated, are you telling me that the only people that can keep dogs are the people that do not work all day. So would it be better then if i stayed at home all day, claimed all the bebefits that i could and be a scrounger all my life. And im sorry but for the saddos that keep a diary when the dog barks or keeps a tape running so you can hear the dog barking i think you are very very sad and you really do need to get out more. What is best for the dogs, stuck in the house, having to hold there wee. or out in the fresh air in a very expensive dog kennel with a house and a run and fresh water and food. i think some of the people on here need to grow up, and get there facts right before they speak. For everyone that has said get rid of the poor neglected dog - there is 2 dogs!!! And for everyone that has said the dogs are barking allday, they are not - they bark when dogs bark at them i.e. the person who has complained, his dog barks , so that makes my dog bark. I think he is deaf when his dog barks and he can only hear mine. He doesnt work, stays at home all day and doesnt have anything better to do! The dogs maybe bored during the day but they have dog toys and they have each other- they have walks in the morning and they have time, attention and walks at night time. I dont use my dogs as guard dogs, they arent just toys that you can throw away they are living things. I cant believe that people can jsut state " get rid of them" . If you dont have anything good to say then dont say it at all, keep all the crap to yourselves.

Advice?Get rid of the dog unless you can take it to work.Problem solved!!!!

In what work place can you take your dog to work, for god sake what a load of crap

A dog which is left alone all day is not well-cared-for. Dogs require company.

And you have no right to say my dog is not well cared for, i bet my dog has better meals and more baths than you do, i dont know whow you have the right to say someones dog is not cared for when you have not even seen it

No offence, but if I had to put up with your dogs barking all day I'd be ****ed off too. Why should your neighbour have to put up with the noise?

I'm with you on this one mate! I have had to put up with neighbours with noisy and messy dogs and it's extremely annoying.

In what work place can you take your dog to work, for god sake what a load of crap

Sad but true - my dog use to go to work with my dad and hes a solicitor with quite a posh office. he even made the website!

http://www.tofields.co.uk/barney.htm

He took him because if he didnt he would have had to get rid of him because he would have been in the house 9am-7.30pm by himself. My dad even managed to find time to walk him during his lunch break.

only problem with that is that the secretaries liked him too much and now hes a fat dog!