Reports to RSPCA from neighbour

Could we just bear in mind that the op has asked for "advice" not verbal abuse.

What's all this tripe about "dogs bark, get over it"? You can TRAIN a dog you know! Mind you, the kind of people who don't give a damn about whether their dog is barking while they're out probably also don't give a damn if the dog is correctly trained. My parents had a rescue dog and even he was able to be trained - he only barked if anyone came to the door. If a dog is barking otherwise he is poorly trained.

My dog goes mental when the postie comes, but the rest of the time hes fast asleep on one of the beds. If the dogs are actually that loud, is there no way you could put them inside the house so it will be a bit quieter for neighbours?

Could you imagine living next door to constant 'woof woof woof woof woof', It'd drive me to distraction

Could we just bear in mind that the op has asked for "advice" not verbal abuse.

Advice?Get rid of the dog unless you can take it to work.Problem solved!!!!

where I lived before the neighbours next door had a dog that barked, didn't bother us as we were out in the day, but the other neighbours decided to report it.

When nothing happened they kept giving the dog bits of meat, only the owner didn't know it had laxatives in it, apparently they got rid of the dog not long after because it was making a mess in the house.

Whilst I didn't and still don't agree with what they did it was a means to an end. Apparently where it was rehomed it had people around it all the time and never barked as much.

Basically do not have a dog if you cannot give it the attention it deserves.

Could anyone tell me the best way to deal with my neighbour. He keeps reporting me to the RSPCA because my dogs bark whilst im at work. The logs live in a purpose built dog kennel with a run and have fresh water daily. When i spoke with RSPCA previously they said the dogs are in great condition.

Any ways of dealing with this person as they are the nuisance neighbour!! I dont think he has anything better to do!

The answer is very simple, get rid of the dog! You will get no more visits from the RSPCA, you will no longer p*ss off your neighbours and your poor neglected dog wont be left on its own for hours on end pining for its pack (you) thats abandoned it.

How is he causing you any nuisance?

....the RSPCA might complain about him, if he keeps wasting their time with malicious reports. Alternatively, if his problem is actually noise, rather than the dogs' welfare, he might try the council; but unless your dogs' barking is excessively loud and/or continuous, that won't cause you any trouble either. And if they are, then it should.

I should imagine he is quite a nuisance, would you like someone constantly reporting you, causing you stress/ inconveneince for no good reason?

The answer is very simple, get rid of the dog! You will get no more visits from the RSPCA, you will no longer p*ss off your neighbours and your poor neglected dog wont be left on its own for hours on end pining for its pack (you) thats abandoned it.

So she should give up her well-cared for dog as she has to go and earn a living?!

So she should give up her well-cared for dog as she has to go and earn a living?!

A dog which is left alone all day is not well-cared-for. Dogs require company.

I should imagine he is quite a nuisance, would you like someone constantly reporting you, causing you stress/ inconveneince for no good reason?

Me being reported does not cause me stress and inconvenience, unless the reports are justified and the authorities come after me on them.

Could anyone tell me the best way to deal with my neighbour. He keeps reporting me to the RSPCA because my dogs bark whilst im at work. The logs live in a purpose built dog kennel with a run and have fresh water daily. When i spoke with RSPCA previously they said the dogs are in great condition.

Any ways of dealing with this person as they are the nuisance neighbour!! I dont think he has anything better to do!

I personally wouldn`t keep my pet outdoors, but different people have different views on this.

But if I was in this situation I would be trying to find out why the dog is barking. He must be barking for a reason, bored, lonely, hungry, hyper, excited, prowlers? Theres always a reason. Dogs rarely bark for no reason.

On the other side of the fence, if I had neighbours with a dog that was kept outside and barked all day, I wouldn`t be happy but I also wouldn`t report them to anybody, I`d go round and speak to them about it and give them chance to find out why the dogs unsettled.