Reports to RSPCA from neighbour

Could anyone tell me the best way to deal with my neighbour. He keeps reporting me to the RSPCA because my dogs bark whilst im at work. The logs live in a purpose built dog kennel with a run and have fresh water daily. When i spoke with RSPCA previously they said the dogs are in great condition.

Any ways of dealing with this person as they are the nuisance neighbour!! I dont think he has anything better to do!

post a copy of the rspca report through his door with a gold star

How is he causing you any nuisance?

....the RSPCA might complain about him, if he keeps wasting their time with malicious reports. Alternatively, if his problem is actually noise, rather than the dogs' welfare, he might try the council; but unless your dogs' barking is excessively loud and/or continuous, that won't cause you any trouble either. And if they are, then it should.

Is really a problem to have an RSPCA visit occasionally?

How frequently has it actually happened?

My experience is that the RSPCA will never tell you who has made the complaint.

No offence, but if I had to put up with your dogs barking all day I'd be ****ed off too. Why should your neighbour have to put up with the noise?

No offence, but if I had to put up with your dogs barking all day I'd be ****ed off too. Why should your neighbour have to put up with the noise?

Yep i agree, i had to put up with it all last year and to say it peed me off is an understatement, thankfully the owners have rehoused the dog with someone i know who is looking after him like a king! It's not the dogs at fault, its the owners unfortunately, then again if the dogs are barking for a reason then i don't see the problem. Do they have toys and things to keep them amused? Do they get walked regularly or are they bored?

What utter rubbish animals are somewhat like children they see something through the window and want to investigate.

you both say if not in your post or between the lines that the owners are to blame again i say utter rubbish, i live on massonetts with countless amounts of children barely young enough to be out on there own, i turn this around if some kid that is causing a public nuisence is causing your dog to become noisy who real falt is it the parents or the dog owners.

tbh this type of thread realy gets my goat as you all think your little darlings cause no problems to others but if set the otherway round like this its the dog owners that get the blame.

Grow UP.

Could anyone tell me the best way to deal with my neighbour. He keeps reporting me to the RSPCA because my dogs bark whilst im at work. The logs live in a purpose built dog kennel with a run and have fresh water daily. When i spoke with RSPCA previously they said the dogs are in great condition.

Any ways of dealing with this person as they are the nuisance neighbour!! I dont think he has anything better to do!

How appallingly selfish, inconsiderate and antisocial of you! What are the dogs for if they have to spend all day in a kennel? Do you keep them there just to annoy your neighbour? You are probably making all your neighbours' lives Hell! :loopy:

One further thing: Why not hang a few dozen wind-chimes outside too? And every morning at 03:00hrs, you could go outside and bang a large gong for good measure! Glad you don't live near me! (You should be too!)

Ive been woken up every morning this week at 8.00 by a neighbours dog barking whilst she is on the school run.

If it happens tomorrow im on the phone to the council.

PS I have a dog and i make sure she is quiet.

That does rather depend on whether they are barking all day or not. It might be only occasional; some people take great umbrage at perfectly reasonable background noise.

If it is all day, then his complaint would be valid, but the RSPCA would be the wrong people to whom to take it.

It could be worse - you could have a neighbour like mine who has 3 dogs he keeps outside all the time that bark from 2 in the morning till I set off for work at 8. But added to that he now has a cockerel which starts crowing at about 6. No I don't live in the country, I live on a housing estate. Selfish selfish people! :rant: