Old dancing schools

Does anyone remember Barbara Wade's Dancing School in Woodhouse in the 1950's? I am looking for any information or memories especially about a concert probably 1954/5 ish as my sister went there and was in a Christmas concert dressed as a drummer boy. A photograph would be fantastic but any info on it would be appreciated. Many thanks.

PS - this is my first postiing so I apologise if I haven't done it correctly - no doubt someone will put me right.

Barbara Wade lived near me at Intake.

I have memories of her tap dancing on the lino in the corner of her Mothers lounge singing Blue Skys. But this was when she was about 14 and still at dancing class.

She moved to Woodhouse and I lost track of her.

Are you sure the date is right because I had an idea she was younger than me and I would be 17/18 in 1954-- she must have started teaching early.

hazel

I was a neighbour of Barbara & Tony and I think she moved in about the mid 1960's. We moved in some years earlier. I think she now lives Aston way but not positive.

If it is really important to you I will try to contact our other neighbour who still lives there, but it will have to be snail mail.

Barbara Wade lived near me at Intake.

I have memories of her tap dancing on the lino in the corner of her Mothers lounge singing Blue Skys. But this was when she was about 14 and still at dancing class.

She moved to Woodhouse and I lost track of her.

Are you sure the date is right because I had an idea she was younger than me and I would be 17/18 in 1954-- she must have started teaching early.

hazel

A bit more info. My sister was born in 1948 and myself in 1952. I cannot remember her going to dancing class but mum said she used to push me across the fields from Hackenthorpe in a pushchair. It's my sister's 60th birthday this year and I was hoping to do a "this is your life" thing - hence the memories. The drummer outfit she had was only small that's why I assusme 1954/5 ish. I believe Barbara Wade is connected to my family tree somewhere along the line

I can't place the year that I knew her but thought she was still at school. She gave a party which I attended with all her dance class friends.

For some reasom Constance Grant pops into my mind and I think this was the class she attended. I know she went to one of the best dancing schools. Think she must have moved back to Woodhouse around 1954.

Sorry I can't be of more help

hazel

I have had a rethink- Barbara lived with her parents at Woodhouse probably in the 50's before buying their house near us at Woodhouse. So your time frame of the 50's would be more like.

Sorry my mistake.

I would love to be in contact with any girls who attended Miss Marjorie Fields dancing school. I started there at the age of 3 and left in 1955/6

Hi I went to Marjorie Fields school of dancing I think it would be about 1956

it was on London Road then but later moved to The bottom of Granville Road.

Collinson's, Havelock Square, mid 50's.

Edited by JOGI

I cant remember what it was called but it was on a corner on langset rd.. teacher was called lorraine... talkin 1971ish...

I went to Miss Wards on Woodseats lane - around 1974ish.... in the same class as Suzanne Dooley and we did 'Razzle Dazzle' Show at Merlin Theatre every couple of years. Anyone else ??

Hi I went to Marjorie Fields school of dancing I think it would be about 1956

it was on London Road then but later moved to The bottom of Granville Road.

Yes that was the one. I went there at the age of three and it was probably around 1956 that I left. I had my wedding reception in the studio in Granville Road in 1957. My name was Coral Savage. I remember a Barbara Thornhill, (who was my bridesmaid) Dorothy and Maureen. Lovely to hear from you

Coral